Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, May 7 2013
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
Tuesday, May 7th, 2013
10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 4/9/13 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Review home inspection report.
5. Discuss plumbing inspection.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
8. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
MAY 7, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present were Inspector Andy Karls and Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 4/9/13 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of the 4/9/13 as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. Dennis Lefeber reported per Brian Schmitz, he is in the process of inspecting manholes. Some manholes may need some work.
Brian suggested the District either purchase or borrow a gas meter so that he can do a more thorough inspection of some of the manholes along Johnsburg Road. No action was taken.
Andy Karls reported that the manhole at Johnsburg Road and Mengel Hill Road is in such poor condition that the metal casting has been eaten away.
The Commission discussed installing a trap at the metering station to determine if odors are rising from downstream. Additional vents could be installed. Ken Schneider will obtain a quote from Doug Sabel for the installation of the trap.
There was discussion regarding a manhole near the Malone lift station. It has been questionable as to whether the manhole was properly constructed. Brian Schmitz, Andy Karls and Mike Sabel will inspect it.
The Town of Taycheedah hit a manhole along Johnsburg Road during snow removal operations. The manhole will be repaired during the Town of Calumet road re-construction project. The road project will wrap several of the manholes with blacktop. Andy Karls and Mike Sabel have agreed to do the manhole adjustments needed during the re-construction project.
The County will take care of repairs to the manhole near Duwells that was damaged during snow removal operations.
Further reports will be provided at the next meeting.
4. Review home inspection report. Andy Karls reported that in a 3-year period, he had inspected 76 homes; five of which have outstanding issues. The Commission reviewed Andy's detailed report.
5. Discuss plumbing inspection. Don Moore has been inspecting new connections for the District. Don is retiring effective June 30, 2013. The Commission offered the job to Andy Karls.
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 43-55) totaling $2,767.43, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,800.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $872.62 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $79.33 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 4th, at 10:00 am.
8. Commissioner's reports and comments. Brenda Schneider alerted the Commission to the need to consider increasing the user charge in the near future due to recent costly pump repairs and possible upcoming manhole repairs.
Dennis Lefeber reported that he approved Ziegelbauer to dump Calumet Sanitary District's bypass flows during an emergency repair at their Elm Beach lift station. The District has not received a payment from CSD nor a report from Ziegelbauer regarding the gallons dumped.
9. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:46 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home