Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, May 22 2013
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 4/18/13 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Consideration and possible action to appoint an engineering firm, to be utilized on an as needed basis, and to discuss the transition of District records.
1) Status of re-financing.
2) Discuss lateral connection inspections.
3) Discuss accountant software expenses.
4) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
MAY 22, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius; Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. Commissioner John Rickert called the meeting to order at 4:15 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the 4/18/13 meeting as presented. Motion carried (2-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. Hal Henderson, Synergy Sales, performed a site visit. He submitted a quote for installation of a wireless monitoring system at each lift station. The existing panels will not accommodate the equipment internally. A box will need to be mounted on the exterior of each panel. Formal consideration of the system may be made at a future meeting.
2. Residential inspection plan by area and schedule. Home inspections are planned to start in June.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The former District's legal counsel had the issue in process. Attorney Sharpe will no longer be able to see this matter to completion. The easement is still outstanding. The Commission was informed that Wehner is pursuing the construction of two duplexes on Schuster Lane which will require an extension of the sewer.
2. Consideration and possible action to appoint an engineering firm, to be utilized on an as needed basis, and to discuss the transition of District records. The District took action in the past to retain Gremmer & Associates. The Commission requested Brenda Schneider contact Foth to arrange for the pick-up of all of the District's records. Schneider is still awaiting a response from Foth. Motion by John Rickert, second by Mike Sabel, to discontinue the relationship with Gremmer & Associates as staff engineer and to retain an engineering consultant, when needed, with selection to be made on an as needed basis. Bill Gius arrived at this time. Motion carried (3-0).
1. Status of re-financing. Written confirmation of National Exchange Bank & Trust's offer to re-finance the District's remaining debt.
The Commission will need to approve a Resolution prepared by the Bond Counsel during a future meeting.
2. Discuss lateral connection inspections. Don Moore has announced that he will retire from performing plumbing inspections of dwellings as of June 30th. However, he has offered to continue doing lateral connection inspections until December 31.
3. Discuss accountant software expenses. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to offset the accountant's software update expense and reimburse her for the cost of all office supplies so long as the rate remains at $20 per hour. Motion carried (3-0).
4. Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 36-44), totaling $10,007.44, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $10,000.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $2,381.26 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Transfer of $9,820.49 from the Debt Service Account to the User Charge Account (delinquent charges collected with property tax payments).
Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 4:54 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home