Monday, June 3 2013
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible award of bids for asphalt improvement work.
3. Discuss drainage at Welling Beach Road.
4. Consideration and possible action to enter into Closed Session, pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. Subject: Plumbing Inspector.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
JUNE 3, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Town Board Members present; Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Clarence Kraus and Mike Wirtz. Also present: Clerk Brenda Schneider and Road Maintenance Supervisor Mike Sabel. Absent: Supervisors Tim Simon and John Abler.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:05 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible award of bids for asphalt improvement work. Northeast Asphalt was the only bidder. Their bids were as follows:
a. Badger Lane/Glen Street (Billene Dr. to CTH WH)-Pulverize and add 2.5" finish coat $21,751.70
b. Badger Lane alternate bid-Pulverize, 2" binder course and 1.5" finish coat
c. Hillside Drive (CTH QQ to Hillside Circle)-1.5" overlay
Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Clarence Kraus, to accept the $21,751.70 bid for Badger Lane/Glen Street and the $8,881.50 bid for Hillside Drive. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss drainage at Welling Beach Road. The owners were present for the meeting.
The issue is the maintenance of the ditch to the Lake. The Town's right-of-way/responsibility ends due east of the Lake road. The western end of the east/west road is privately owned.
The ditches contain field silt and are no longer functioning properly. Isabelle Mellon manually cleans out the ditch near her property that exits to the Lake. It was also noted that culverts are full of material. These culverts are believed to also be privately owned.
The landowners were reminded that all private ditching is the landowner's responsibility.
The landowners mentioned a lawsuit settlement that delineates 8-9 property owners having easement rights and the opportunity/responsibility to clean the ditch to the Lake.
Jim & Cheri Basler agreed to be the contact point for the private property owners. Baslers ask that if the Town has work done to coordinate the work with them.
The Town will solicit bids for the ditch work.
4. Consideration and possible action to enter into Closed Session, pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. Subject: Plumbing Inspector. Motion by Mike Wirtz, second by Jerry Guelig, to enter into closed session, pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), at 5:31 p.m. Motion carried unanimously by roll call vote.
Don Moore plans to retire effective 1/1/14.
The Board discussed options for replacement.
Motion by Clarence Kraus, second by Jerry Guelig, to reconvene into open session at 6:22 p.m. Motion carried (3-0)
5. Adjournment. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Mike Wirtz, to adjourn the meeting at 6:22 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home