Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, July 2 2013
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 6/4/13 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Consideration and possible action to appoint maintenance personnel.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Schedule the next meeting.
7. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JULY 2, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:06 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 6/4/13 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of the 6/4/13 meeting as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. Dennis Lefeber reported on behalf of Brian Schmitz that DE Thome Electric was called in to make some repairs to the Feyen grinder pump.
A memo was sent to Calumet Sanitary District regarding an emergency bypass. No response has been received. The issue will be addressed at the upcoming joint meeting.
Doug Sabel will provide Ken Schneider with a quote to install a trap at the meter station. The quote will be presented to the Commission once received.
Mike Sabel reported on manhole adjustments made for the road reconstruction project. He had to replace one frame due to deterioration. The condition of the manhole needs to be addressed soon; the concrete is scaling. He still needs to remove rings as needed from the manhole at Finks' property and he plans to cut the cone on the manhole at Johnsburg Road/Mengel Hill Road.
The Commission plans to distribute a report to the customers regarding the deterioration caused by gases.
4. Consideration and possible action to appoint maintenance personnel. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to appoint Mike Sabel as the District's Maintenance Technician effective July 1, 2013. Motion carried (3-0).
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 64-72) totaling $1,397.46; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,100 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $7,213.78 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $655.80 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0). The Commission noted concerns with the Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 4th quarter, 2012, operation and maintenance expenses. TSD#1 will be asked for an explanation during the upcoming quarterly meeting.
6. Schedule the next meeting. The next meetings will be on Tuesday, August 6th and September 10th, at 10:00 am. The next quarterly sanitary district meeting will be on Thursday, July 25th, at 5:00 p.m.
7. Commissioner's reports and comments. Brenda Schneider reported that the District is able to cancel the bond that was required by their previous lender.
8. Adjournment. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to adjourned at 11:16 a.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home