Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, August 6 2013
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 7/2/13 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Approval of District bills.
5. Schedule the next meeting.
6. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
AUGUST 6, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioner Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Excused was Commissioner Dennis Lefeber. Also present were Doug Sabel and Rick Meilahn, Sabel Mechanical, LLC.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:07 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 7/2/13 meeting. Hearing no objection, President Schmitz declared the minutes of the 7/2/13 meeting accepted as presented.
3. Discuss operational issues. Sabel Mechanical presented a study regarding sulfate gas. The study determined that the gases are coming from the control discharge station. Sabel recommended cleaning the control discharge station and then allow flow to bypass by either opening the valves to allow free-flow or pipe it tight.
Sabel also noted that air-release valves along the force main need to be cleaned annually in order to provide any benefit.
Sabel also recommended cleaning the CTH Q lift station semi-annually to remove grease build-up and to verify that Tommy J's and Blanck's Supper Club are properly maintaining their grease traps. Pumps should be pulled annually to check oil, grease and clean debris.
Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to authorize Sabel Mechanical to modify the control discharge station with a temporary by-pass of flows with the purpose of decreasing sulfate gases. Motion carried (2-0).
4. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the bills, (order nos. 73-91) totaling $4,587.00; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $4,600 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $180.86 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $16.44 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (2-0).
5. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 10th, at 10:00 am.
6. Commissioner's reports and comments. None given.
7. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:16 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home