Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, August 28 2013
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 7/15/13 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
1) Consideration and possible authorization to tap the main requested by John Wehner.
2) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Site visit to the lift stations.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
AUGUST 28, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius; Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present were Scott Mitchell and John Wehner.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:02 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the 7/15/13 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. The low level alarm on the grinder pump station at the Adams' house has been acting up.
The control panel at Endres needs to be straightened.
Scott Mitchell distributed a copy of a study done by Strand Associates, Inc., for the City of Florence. The study concluded that the Missions system is the most cost-effective. Mitchell recommended modifying the warning lights, upgrading the PLC and inspecting and exercising the generator connections monthly.
Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to move forward based on decussion to replace the dialer systems and upgrade all lift stations to Mission format pending system parameters to be considered at the 9/25/13 meeting. Motion carried (3-0).
Commission discussed amending the ordinance as it pertains to maintenance of grinder pump stations. Also discussed was the status of In-rem property #41-200 (formerly Huelster). Attorney John St. Peter will be asked for an opinion.
2. Residential inspection plan. John & Renee Rickert have been working on home inspections. During 2013, 96 inspections have been done with four yet to be complete. They've found 21 violations. Ten re-inspections have also been completed with six uncorrected violations from prior years still outstanding. There are 142 homes that remain to be inspected.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The District's former legal counsel had the issue in process. The easement is still outstanding. The Commission was informed that Wehner is pursuing the construction of two duplexes on Schuster Lane which will require the tapping of the main. Mr. Wehner's formal request is in process. The Commission is awaiting detailed plans.
1. Consideration and possible authorization to tap the main, requested by John Wehner. Mr. Wehner is planning to build three single-family senior living homes. Mark Mand recommended a private interceptor to service all three homes. The three homes will have a shared well. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve Mr. Wehner's request to tap the main with three separate laterals tapped into the sewer main within the easement area, pending approval of his construction plan. Motion carried (3-0).
2. Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 63-77), totaling $16,550.01, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $15,000.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account. Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 6:07 pm.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home