Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, September 10 2013
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 8/6/13 meeting.
3. Consideration and possible approval of a permit to tap the main requested by Robert Steffes.
4. Discuss operational issues.
a. status of odor control measures
b. maintenance of grease traps
c. access to property
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Schedule the next meeting.
7. Annual meeting of the Outlying Sewer Group.
8. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
SEPTEMBER 10, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Mike Sabel, District Maintenance Technician.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:02 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 8/6/13 meeting. Hearing no objection, President Schmitz declared the minutes of the 8/6/13 meeting accepted as presented.
3. Consideration and possible approval of a permit to tap the main requested by Robert Steffes. Mr. Steffes has submitted a Request for New Lateral Stub and the Agreement Between Landowner and the District For the Installation for a New Lateral Stub. He has yet to submit the Contract Between Contractor and the District for the Installation of a New Lateral Stub and detail specifications of the project. Steffes' new home will require a grinder pump station. At issue is whether or not the system can be tapped into the existing force main along Johnsburg Road or does a separate force main need to be constructed. The Commission will pursue an engineer's opinion. No action was taken.
4. Discuss operational issues.
a. Status of odor control measures. The temporary bypass was installed at the controlled discharge station. Odor issues have noticeably decreased.
b. Maintenance of grease traps. Ziegelbauer routinely maintains the grease trap at Blanck's Supper Club. It is unknown who maintains the grease trap at Tommy J's. Mike Sabel reported that grease build-up in the system could be caused by the animal fat contained in laundry detergents.
c. Access to property. As noted in Section 6.10 of the District's Sewer Use Ordinance, The District, or duly authorized representative of the District bearing proper credentials and identification shall be permitted to enter all properties for the purpose of inspection, observation, testing, all in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance. Section 6.11 further states that The District, and duly authorized representatives of the District bearing proper credentials and identification shall be permitted to enter all private properties through which the District holds a duly negotiated easement for the purpose of, but not limited to, inspection, observations, measurement, sampling, repair, and maintenance of any portion of the sewerage system lying within said easement, all subject to the terms, if any, of the agreement. Access to a specific property has been verbally denied. The District will send written communication and a copy of the easement to the property owner.
d. Mike Sabel reported that the low level alarm on the Schmidt grinder pump system has been active. Sabel will research a possible float problem. Sabel also noted that the Cty. Q lift station has been cleaned.
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 92-104) totaling $5,717.40; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $5,400 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (3-0).
6. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 1st, at 10:00 am. The Annual Meeting of the Outlying Sewer Group will be on September 18th, at 5:00, at the North Fond du Lac Community Center.
7. Commissioner's reports and comments. Commissioner requested to review the user charge at the next meeting.
8. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:52 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home