Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, September 25 2013
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 8/28/13 and 9/7/13 meetings.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Status of modifications to Endres grinder pump control panel.
3) Review wireless monitoring and alarm system.
4) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Status of InRem property #41-200 and future obligations.
1) Consideration and possible approval of designs and specifications for a tap of the main, requested by John Wehner.
2) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Site visit to the lift stations.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius; Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present were Scott Mitchell, Don Palkovich and Hal Henderson.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:05 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the 8/28/13 and the 9/7/13 meetings as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. Commission intends to clean all generator connections at the lift stations and exercise the equipment before the end of fall.
It was noted that needed repairs to a grinder pump will cost an estimated $13,000. The repair is currently underway.
2. Status of modifications to Endres grinder pump control panel. A letter was sent to Endres in July, 2012. No response was received. The letter will be updated and re-sent.
3. Review wireless monitoring and alarm system. The Missions system has up to 8 digital input codes and 2 analog inputs. The Commission will publish a Request for Proposals for the purchase and installation of the Mission system at all six lift stations. The Commission will meet on October 8th to consider awarding the project. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by Bill Gius, to modify all six lift stations so that the warning light is lit green when functioning properly. Motion carried (3-0).
4. Residential inspection plan. John & Renee Rickert have been working on home inspections. They have reached their goal for 2013. They have six re-inspections from this year and five or six from prior years remaining. Three homeowners were difficult to work with. A letter outlining the District's authority will be sent to each of them. The Rickerts also had a few instances of homeowners telling them that a local plumber has told them they do not need to make the requested modifications.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The District's former legal counsel had the issue in process. The easement is still outstanding. The Commission was informed that Wehner is pursuing the construction of two duplexes on Schuster Lane which will require the tapping of the main. Mr. Wehner's formal request is in process. The Commission is awaiting detailed plans.
2. Status of InRem property #41-200 and future obligations. A memo received from Attorney John St. Peter indicates that special assessments can be levied against the property for future service. A more detailed opinion will be provided.
1. Consideration and possible authorization to tap the main, requested by John Wehner. Mr. Wehner is planning to build three single-family senior living homes. Mark Mand recommended a private interceptor to service all three homes. The three homes will have a shared well. Prior approval was granted by the Commission to tap the main with three separate laterals tapped into the sewer main within the easement area, pending approval of his construction plan. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to withdraw prior approval and to provide Mr. Wehner with written communication recommending connection for his three properties via two separate laterals north to the gravity sewer along Schuster Lane and one separate lateral to the east with connection into the gravity sewer located in the easement area. Motion carried (3-0).
2. Approval of bills. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by Bill Gius, to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 78-83), totaling $2,481.68, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,500.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $403.69 from the Operations/Inspection Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $2,377.87 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account. Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 5:58 pm.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home