Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, October 1 2013
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 9/10/13 meeting.
3. Consideration and possible approval of a permit to tap the main requested by Robert Steffes.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Preliminary review of the 2014 budget and the District's debt amortization schedule.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
8. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
OCTOBER 1, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present were Robert Steffes; Jim Magdanz, Best Plumbing; and Mike Sabel, District Maintenance Technician.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 9/10/13 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the minutes of the 9/10/13 meeting as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Consideration and possible approval of a permit to tap the main requested by Robert Steffes. Mr. Steffes has submitted a Request for New Lateral Stub and the Agreement Between Landowner and the District For the Installation for a New Lateral Stub. Detailed specifications to tap the main and build a grinder pump station consistent with the District's existing equipment have been quoted by Sabel Mechanical and Best Plumbing. Building the system to be consistent with the current infrastructure has substantially increased the cost of the project primarily due to the pump being explosion proof. Mr. Steffes was denied, per the District's ordinance, his verbal request to install a mound system. It was suggested that the new house be equipped with an ejector pump and force main to the existing grinder pump station at the farmhouse. (Mike Sabel arrived at this time.) Telephone communication with Eric Otte, JE Arther, indicated that this type of connection would be a private interceptor if tapped into the gravity pipe leading into the wet well. The Commission will meet on Friday, October 4, at 10:00, to accept written confirmation from Eric Otte regarding the preceding statement and to take action of the project. (Dennis Lefeber departed at this time.)
4. Discuss operational issues. The Commission will communicate with the Welters regarding the trellis obstructing the grinder pump control panel and the burning of paper near the air vent. (Mike Sabel departed at this time.)
The Commission will consider declaring the temporary bypass at the control discharge station permanent at their November meeting.
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the bills, (order nos. 105-111) totaling $1,637.01; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $1,700.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $7,091.80 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $644.71 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (2-0).
6. Preliminary review of the 2014 budget and the District's debt amortization schedule. The Commission reviewed the preliminary reports. Further review will be done when the full Commission is present.
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next meetings will be on Friday, October 4th, at 9:00 a.m., and Tuesdays, November 5th, and December 3rd, at 10:00 am. The quarterly meeting of the East Shore Sanitary Districts will be on Thursday, October 24th, at 5:00 p.m. All meetings will be held at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
8. Commissioner's reports and comments. It was mentioned during the Annual OSG Meeting that there is nothing new to report regarding the State-imposed phosphorus issue pertaining to the treatment plant.
9. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:43 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home