Wednesday, October 30 2013
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible award of Sandy Beach Business Park road construction bids.
Brenda A. Schneider
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
OCTOBER 30, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Clarence Kraus and Mike Wirtz, Clerk Brenda Schneider. Absent-Supervisor Tim Simon. Also in attendance were Brent Schumacher, Mike Korb and Kevin Twohig, representatives of R.A.M. Investments, LLC.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 4:36 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible award of Sandy Beach Business Park road construction bids. The following bids were received by the publicly notice deadline:
• Michels Materials $4,972.50 shouldering only
• Northeast Asphalt, Inc, $61,5500 entire project
R.A.M. acknowledged they are not in the financial position to contract for the project in the near future. R.A.M. renewed their Letter of Credit in the amount of $187,500, expiration date of 1/1/2014. It was noted that the Letter of Credit allows partial draws.
Per the recommendation of Attorney John St. Peter, the Clerk has yet to submit the demand letter to the bank drawing the full Letter of Credit in the amount of $187,500, as directed by action of the Town Board on October 14, 2013. Attorney St. Peter advised waiting until the bids for the project were received and the Board considers awarding the project.
Motion by Clarence Kraus, second by Mike Wirtz, to award the project to Northeast Asphalt per their bid, to rescind the October 14, 2013, directive to invoke the entire Letter of Credit, and to invoke $61,550 of the Letter of Credit for the base coat and shouldering, based upon R.A.M.'s inability to perform its obligation to build the roads to Town specifications at this time. Motion carried (3-0). Abstention-Jerry Guelig.
3. Adjournment. Motion by Mike Wirtz, second by Jerry Guelig, to adjourn the Special Business Meeting at 4:53 pm. Motion carried (4-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home