Monday, December 9 2013
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Tayvheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. The Town Board will review documents pertaining to Rosenthal Court.
3. Adjournment of the Workshop Meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
DECEMBER 9, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Clarence Kraus, Tim Simon and Mike Wirtz. Also present were Clerk Brenda Schneider and Road Maintenance Supervisor Mike Sabel. In attendance were Jim & Joan Rosenthal.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 7:06 pm.
2. The Town Board will review documents pertaining to Rosenthal Court. Financial surety requested by the Town, via written notice, in October, 2012, was $21,250. It was noted that bonding was never received for this project. The Town completed the work in the summer of 2013 at a cost of $10,875.60. There is no known resolution with the developer as to his reimbursement to the Town.
Mr. Rosenthal waited completion of his verbal open records request. The Clerk and Road Maintenance Supervisor's responses to Mr. Rosenthal's open records request was distributed on 11/11/13.
Mr. Rosenthal distributed his rebuttal to the Town response to his open records request. Jim indicated, in his rebuttal, that Town Chairman Jerry Guelig and then Town Supervisor Ann Simon approached him about extending a sewer line thru part of his property, via a later executed easement, to the right-of-way of Rosenthal Court. Jim further indicated that Chairman Guelig stated that if he allowed the sewer line thru Rosenthal Court, the Town would take care of construction of the road.
Jim acknowledged that the cul de sac was in poor condition and that the depth of the asphalt varied. Virgin soil was used as backfill material which caused the lateral area to settle. Additional asphalt repair was done to the area. Jim noted that there are no compaction test reports available thru the Town or the Sanitary District's engineering firm.
Jim acknowledged that he knew the Board was looking at doing the project and he was aware the project had been awarded but he was never notified of the cost.
The Rosenthals were advised that they dedicated the road right-of-way to the Town, via Certified Survey Map, when they created the subdivision. They were further advised, per Town ordinance, that it is the Developer's responsibility to build the road to Town specifications. Once the road is complete, the Town can then accept the road. The Town had yet to accept Rosenthal Court.
Jim acknowledged his responsibility for the final coat of asphalt on the entire road; however, he disputed the necessity of pulverizing the road from Cty. QQ to the culvert.
Evaluation of the cost of the project was as follows:
• $10,875.60 Total cost
• $5,202.90 Cost to pulverize and lay the binder course
• $5,672.70 Cost of the 2" final coat
3. Adjournment. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by John Abler, to adjourn the workshop meeting at 7:36 p.m. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home