Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, January 14 2014
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 12/3/13 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Review capacity purchase agreement.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Review and possible action pertaining to investments.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
8. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JANUARY 14, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present during a portion of the meeting was Maintenance Technician Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:03 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 12/3/13 meeting. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to accept the minutes of the 12/3/13 meeting as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. Mike Sabel reported that the light bulb on the Feldner grinder pump needed to be changed. He also noted at this grinder pump is not secured; the conduit is the only support at this time. Feldner has been doing some exterior remodeling. The Commission will communicate with Feldner regarding their intentions, noting that the panel must be secured.
Mike Sabel also reported that he removed the lattice at the Welter grinder pump while he was at the location to respond to an alarm. He noted that he reset the system and everything was operating as normal.
The Steffes connection has been completed and the family has moved in.
The air vents should be cleaned-out in spring.
4. Review capacity purchase agreement. The Agreement for the purchase of 20 RUEs capacity in the shared sewer has been executed by Johnsburg Sanitary District and Fond du Lac Sanitary District #2. The original Agreement needs to be signed by Taycheedah Sanitary District #1. Payment will be dispersed once completed.
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the bills, (order nos. 1-8) totaling $5,734.22; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $5,600.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $656.80 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $59.71 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
6. Review and possible action pertaining to investments. The Local Revenues CD and the RD-Debt Service CD mature on 1/25/14. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to re-invest the entire amount of the RD-Debt Service CD with National Exchange Bank & Trust for a term of 24 months; and to redeem $15,324.44 of the Local Revenues CD and to reinvest the balance with National Exchange Bank & Trust for a term of 24 months. Motion carried (3-0)
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, February 4th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. The quarterly Joint Sanitary District Meeting scheduled for January 23rd, at 5:00. If possible, the meeting may be re-scheduled to January 30th.
8. Commissioner's reports and comments. Membership with Digger's Hotline will be discussed at the next meeting.
9. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:03 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home