Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, February 4 2014
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 1/14/14 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
5. Discuss membership with Digger's Hotline.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
8. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
FEBRUARY 4, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioner Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Excused was Commissioner Dennis Lefeber.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:03 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 1/14/14 meeting. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to accept the minutes of the 1/14/14 meeting as presented. Motion carried (2-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance, reviewed the District's insurance coverage. Mr. Immel noted that the District's policy covers damage caused by sewer back-ups into homes if due to the negligence of the District. Such damage is not covered if due to flooding. Homeowners are advised to purchase a rider on the homeowner's insurance for such an event.
The manhole at Johnsburg Road and Mengel Hill Road needs to be re-inspected and repaired as needed. The air vents also need to be inspected and cleaned. These will be projects for this year.
4. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission will request a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which will illustrate every revision to the text. No action was taken.
5. Discuss membership with Digger's Hotline. Membership requires submission of District maps, executed application, certificate of insurance and $100.00 application fee. The only ongoing expense will be $1.74 per emailed locate. Andy Karls does locates for TSD#1. TSD#3 is also in the process of applying for membership. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to apply for membership with Digger's Hotline. Motion carried (2-0).
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Franz Schmitz, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 9-15) totaling $1,563.07; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $1,500.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $119.73 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $10.88 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (2-0).
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, March 4th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
8. Commissioner's reports and comments. None presented.
9. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:07 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home