Monday, March 3 2014
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible establishment of a Fisherman's Road Boat Launch Fee.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
MARCH 3, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Clarence Kraus, Tim Simon and Mike Wirtz. Also present: Clerk Brenda Schneider and several officers and members of the Fisherman's Road Fishing Club.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible establishment of a Fisherman's Road Boat Launch fee.
Ken Steffes, President of Club, entered the following comments:
• The Club realizes the annual $800 donation does not cover the costs of maintaining the bathroom facility.
• Club members work as a team.
• Boaters use the launch nearest the area where the fish are biting, regardless of the cost to launch.
• Some entities have established a boat parking fee.
• The Club membership is $10 annually. In 2013, the Club had 1,440 members.
• The Club removed zebra mussels early this past winter, at their expense. It was noted that the Town was not aware of this activity; therefore, a DNR permit was not obtained by the Town.
• The bathroom facility needs major repairs or complete replacement.
Chairman Guelig consulted with the Town Attorney regarding entering into a lease with the Club. Per the attorney:
• The Town can enter into a lease without elector approval.
• The Town would retain ownership.
• The Town would not be required to solicit bids for a leasee.
• The lease would describe Club responsibilities, and set a duration and conditions of termination.
• The Club would be required to provide the Town a certification of insurance and name the Town as an additional insured.
• It was noted that the Club would not have the authority to stop anyone from using the launch if he/she is not a member.
Mike Wirtz departed as this time. He noted that he would like to see a solution that benefits both the Town and the Club.
Club officers and members added the following comments and questions:
• The Club has begun researching the cost of a dumpster on site. They plan to secure it from public use.
• The Club is non-profit. They don't expect to raise their membership fee for this year due to the fact that their membership renewal letters have been sent. The letter states membership fee of $10. Their current fee is just enough to cover their expenses.
• The Club acknowledged that there is an assumption amongst boaters that they need to be a member of the Club in order to launch on the Town's site.
• The Club enforces membership amongst the users by placing membership envelopes on vehicles that don't display the Club's yearly membership sticker.
• The Club could solicit donations and labor for the construction of a new bathroom.
Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Tim Simon, to negotiate a lease of the Fisherman's Road Boat Launch to the Fisherman's Road Fishing Club, for a term of 10 years at $1 per year. The Chairman did not call the motion. The Chairman announced that two Board members and two members of the Club will meet with the Town's Attorney to negotiate the details of the lease.
3. Adjournment. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Tim Simon, to adjourn the Special Business Meeting at 6:56 pm. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home