Monday, March 24 2014
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. The Town Board will meet with John Wehner to discuss the construction of Schuster Lane.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
MARCH 24, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Clarence Kraus, Tim Simon and Mike Wirtz. Also present: Clerk Brenda Schneider, Road Maintenance Supervisor Mike Sabel and Constable Bill Gius.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
2. The Town Board will meet with John Wehner to discuss the construction of Schuster Lane. John Wehner was in attendance.
Mr. Wehner is building two single-family homes on Schuster Lane to the east of Billene Drive. The road construction was never completed by the original developer.
Mr. Wehner's comments were as follows:
• He has an estimate of $31,045 from Fond du Lac County for the completion of the road construction (approximately 650 feet).
• He proposes to pay half of the cost for asphalt and shouldering from Billene Drive to the sanitary sewer lift station. He also proposes that the Town pay for the cost to replace the gravel base that was removed during sewer construction.
• Schuster Lane was established as a town road.
• He feels he is no longer the developer.
• The north side of the gravel bed was removed during sanitary sewer construction.
• The gravel base was installed in the 70s.
• The base is contaminated by weed growth.
• Two culverts have been placed along the north side of the gravel bed and permits have been issued for two garages.
• He gave up three easements for nothing but public benefit. He noted that everyone uses the road.
• Power and tv have been extended to the end of Schuster Lane.
• He asked that his project be included under the Town's contract.
Board members' comments were as follows:
• The sanitary district was responsible to return all roads to pre-construction condition.
• The sanitary district's understanding was that Schuster Lane was returned to a gravel road.
• The Town doesn't pay for initial blacktopping.
• The road can stay a gravel road.
• The Town have been plowing a portion of the road due to needed access to the sewer lift station.
• Homes were not previously built on Schuster Lane east due to a complaint about a drainage issue. As a result, the Town Board at the time denied building permits. The drainage issue has long since been resolved by the construction of a couple of ponds in the area.
• A cul de sac will need to be built at the end of the road.
• John Niemeier was the original developer. He abandoned plans to complete the development. Wehner inherited the problem upon purchase of the property. It is believed Niemeier never provided a bond or a letter of credit for the construction of the road.
• The difference between a dedicated right-of-way and an accepted road were explained.
• The Board believes the sanitary district may be responsible for the replacement of the gravel bed.
• The Town Board will perform a site visit during their upcoming annual road inspection meeting.
• Mike Sabel added that the sanitary district engineering firm's inspector did not do their job; the contractor did not do his job; the sanitary commission was not aware of the issue; and the property owner did not bring a claim regarding the missing gravel base.
• The Town will perform some borings to determine the depth of the gravel.
3. Adjournment. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Mike Wirtz, to adjourn the Special Business Meeting at 6:48 pm. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home