Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, April 8 2014
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 3/4/14 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Discuss unauthorized bypass dumping.
5. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
6. Review the revised Digger's Hotline map.
7. Discuss DNR reporting requirements.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Review Annual Financial Report of Operations.
10. Schedule the next meeting.
11. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
APRIL 8, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Mike Sabel, Maintenance Technician.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:04 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 3/4/14 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the minutes of the 3/4/14 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. The new Steffes home is serviced by an ejector pump system discharged thru a force main tapped into the wet well at the Steffes farm. The PVC pipe was not extended below the floats which is causing alarm issues. Mike Sabel will contact the installer Best Plumbing and direct him to extend the pipe.
The grinder pump station at the Welter home needs to be rid of weeds and the trellis removed.
4. Discuss unauthorized bypass dumping. The City informed the District that on April 1st, at 3:10 a.m., the District's flows spiked to 5,000 gallons over a 20 minute period. Calumet Sanitary District was not responsible for the spike in flows.
5. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has requested a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which will illustrate all revisions to the text. It appears numerous changes, unrelated to the installation of the flow meters at the Gladstone and Brookhaven lift stations, have been incorporated. No action was taken.
6. Review the revised Digger's Hotline map. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to accept the revised Digger's Hotline Map as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Discuss DNR requirements. All districts will need to comply with CMOM in the future. Ron Cunzenheim will report on the details at the next joint sanitary district meeting.
8. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 24-30) totaling $709.19; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $6,824.40 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $620.40 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Transfer $207.08 from the Debt Service Account to the User Charge Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
9. Review Annual Financial Report of Operations. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to accept the 2013 Annual Financial Report of Operations, as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
10. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, May 6th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. The spring quarterly Joint Sanitary District Meeting will be held on April 24th, at 5:00 p.m.
11. Commissioner's reports and comments. None presented.
12. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:49 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home