Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Thursday, April 17 2014
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 3/19/14 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Church Road lift station.
b. Run time/flow reports.
c. Inspection of all lift stations.
d. Televising & cleaning report.
e. Bittersweet settling.
2) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
1) Review revised Digger's Hotline Map.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
APRIL 17, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius; Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:10 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the 3/19/14 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to approve the bills (order 26-32), totaling $17,715.68, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $17,500.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $46.59 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Acknowledge the semi-annual loan payment to National Exchange Bank & Trust ($150,000 principal/$23,383.33 interest).
Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues.
a. Church Road Lift Station. Pump 2 went down on or about March 23, 2014. Sabel Mechanical repaired and reinstalled the pump on April 17. The pump failed to work. It was assumed that the pump needed to be fully re-wound. The pump has yet to be placed back into operation.
There was a period of extreme increase in flows due to wet weather. Great Lakes recently cleaned the gravity line in preparation for televising. Great Lakes did not find debris in the line but noted that there is a major leak somewhere due to the volume of flow in the main. John Rickert re-inspected a past sump pump violation in the area. Rickert found the home in compliance. The televising will be done in the near future.
Great Lakes also noted a 3-4 gallon per minute leak in the wet well. The leak will be grouted by Great Lakes when they return to do the televising.
Sabel Mechanical also believes that the valves need to be repaired or replaced. Sabel quoted $658.00 for the work.
b. Run time/flow reports. Pump 2 at the Shady Lane Lift Station and Pump 2 at the Cty WH Lift Station are running significantly longer that Pump 1 at both locations. Mike Sabel will coordinate with Brian Schmitz to pull the pump at Shady Lane within the next week. The Commission decided to continue to monitor the pump at Cty WH for the time being.
c. Inspection of all lift stations. Inspection of the Church Road Lift Station is complete. The Shady Lane station will be next. All lift stations are in the process of being inspected. Annual cleanings will be completed in the near future.
d. Televising & cleaning report. The sewer mains on Church Road and Bittersweet Lane, from Lakeview Drive to Highland Drive, have been cleaned. No debris was discovered at either location. Televising is scheduled for April 21st.
e. Bittersweet Lane settling. Major sink holes materialized at and near W3932 Bittersweet Lane, including partially under a private asphalt driveway. The owner indicated that last year he repaired a large sink hole using rocks and clay. The Town will repair the sink holes in the next couple of weeks. A small sink hole was also discovered next to a manhole at Bittersweet Lane and Highland Drive. This sinkhole will be repaired next week.
See item 1d above.
2. Residential inspection plan. The Inspection Team will begin home inspections soon. Follow-up communication is needed in response to the seven outstanding violation reports.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District #1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Taycheedah Sanitary District #3. The draft Agreement was received on January 23, 2014. Staff has requested a redline/strikeout version. The requested version has not yet been received.
1. Review Digger's Hotline Map. Several corrections were incorporated into the map. The edited map will be re-submitted to Digger's Hotline.
Public Comment. A Digger's Hotline locate for sewer lateral repair work in Ledgeview Springs was received. It was noted that such work needs to be inspected.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 5:21 pm. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home