Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, May 6 2014
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 4/8/14 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Schedule the next meeting.
7. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
MAY 6, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:02 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 4/8/14 meeting. Hearing no objections or corrections, President Schmitz declared the minutes of the 4/8/14 meeting accepted as distributed.
3. Discuss operational issues. Calumet Sanitary District reported bypassing 46,800 gallons into a Johnsburg Road manhole on March 10, 2014. Commission prefers Calumet uses a manhole beyond Johnsburg's metering station in the future, noting that bypass dumping artificially inflates Johnsburg's flows. Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 approved bypass dumping into their system in emergency cases. There is a manhole just beyond the metering station that may be in a safe location.
The City informed the District that on April 1st, at 3:10 a.m., the District's flows spiked to 5,000 gallons over a 20 minute period. Calumet Sanitary District was not responsible for the spike in flows. A District resident witnessed an unknown truck discharging into a manhole.
Mike Sabel, District Maintenance Technician, will be asked to verify that the elbow extension was installed in the Steffes ejector pump system discharge into the grinder pump.
As a preventative maintenance effort, the District will inspect all manholes this spring looking for dislodged manhole covers.
The Commission reviewed hourly flow and precipitation data from March 27 thru April 14. The report noted the April 1st unauthorized bypass, as well as suspicious activity on March 27th between 10 pm and 1 am.
4. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has requested a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which will illustrate all revisions to the text. It appears numerous changes, unrelated to the installation of the flow meters at the Gladstone and Brookhaven lift stations, have been incorporated. No action was taken.
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 31-38) totaling $1,134.02; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $1,800.00 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
6. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, June 3rd, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
7. Commissioner's reports and comments. None presented.
8. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:10 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home