Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, June 3 2014
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 5/6/14 meeting.
3. Consideration and possible acceptance of a quote for an electronic lift station monitoring and alarm system.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Discuss stabilizing grinder pump stations.
6. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
7. Consideration and possible acceptance of the 2013 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Schedule the next meeting.
10. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JUNE 3, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:06 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 5/6/14 meeting. Hearing no objections or corrections, President Schmitz declared the minutes of the 5/6/14 meeting accepted as distributed.
3. Consideration and possible acceptance of a quote for an electronic lift station monitoring and alarm system. Hal Henderson, the representative of Synergy Systems, was not in attendance. The matter was postponed to the July meeting.
4. Discuss operational issues. Commission review hourly flow data for the month of May. It was noted that the OSG online flow monitoring system does not provide data from May 20 to date. Ron Cunzenheim has alerted the City of the problem. The Commission also reviewed monthly flow data for 2013. There was a noticeable spike in flows for the month of April. The flow level remained elevated for the remainder of the year.
Early in May, the Commission was informed of the dislodged manhole cover near the school grounds. The cover was immediately repositioned.
The Commission directed the inspection of all manholes this spring. The Commission is awaiting the completion of this inspection.
Calumet Sanitary District reported bypassing 46,800 gallons into a Johnsburg Road manhole on March 10, 2014. Calumet also bypassed flow into the same location in early April. The Commission has yet to receive documentation as to the volume bypassed.
Mike Sabel, District Maintenance Technician, verified that the elbow extension was installed in the Steffes ejector pump system discharge into the grinder pump.
5. Discuss stabilizing grinder pump stations. The grinder pump station servicing the home located at W3011 Johnsburg Road is no longer stabile due to modification made by the current owner. The owner will be notified that the District will do the repair and subsequently bill him for the work.
6. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has requested a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which will illustrate all revisions to the text. It appears numerous changes, unrelated to the installation of the flow meters at the Gladstone and Brookhaven lift stations, have been incorporated. The Commission intend to address the issue of emergency bypassing in the Agreement. No action was taken.
7. Consideration and possible acceptance of the 2013 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report (CMAR). Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the CMAR and to file it with the DNR. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 39-46) totaling $666.08; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $7,598.73 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $690.79 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
9. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, July 1st, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
10. Commissioner's reports and comments. None presented.
11. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:03 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home