Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, June 18 2014
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 5/29/14 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Inspection of all lift stations.
c. Bittersweet settling.
2) Mechanical equipment lift device.
3) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JUNE 18, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius; Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to approve the minutes of the 5/29/14 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order 44-53), totaling $6,152.44, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $5,900.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. Commission reviewed flow reports for the month of May, as well as the pump run times for the first week in June. Rain events have caused noticeable increases in flow and run time. The Church Road lift station experienced the greatest percentage of increase.
John Rickert visited the Church Road property with the outdoor patio drain. The patio has been enclosed.
Commission will inspect all the manholes on Church Road.
b. Inspection of all lift stations. Inspection of the Church Road Lift Station is complete. Staff is awaiting a return call from Great Lakes to schedule the cleaning and inspection of the other five lift stations.
c. Bittersweet Lane settling. Major sink holes materialized in the area of W3932 Bittersweet Lane, including partially under a private asphalt driveway. The owner indicated that last year he repaired a large sink hole using rocks and clay. The Town had filled all the sink holes. The asphalt driveway repair work will be completed later this year.
There is also ditch settling in the area of N8385 Park Ridge Drive.
2. Mechanical equipment lift device. Mike Sabel will research.
3. Residential inspection plan. The Inspection Team has completed 17 home inspections so far this year. They are finding at least one violation every time they go out.
Follow-up communication is needed in response to the seven outstanding violation reports.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District #1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Taycheedah Sanitary District #3. The draft Agreement was received on January 23, 2014. Staff has requested a redline/strikeout version. The requested version has not yet been received.
Public Comment. Jessica Korb is researching the purchase of a portion of the parcel located at Silica Road and Lakeview Road. They intend to create a lot not abutting Silica Road, which would not require connection to the sewer.
Adjournment. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to adjourn the meeting at 4:55 pm. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home