Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, July 1 2014
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 6/3/14 meeting.
3. Consideration and possible acceptance of a quote for an electronic lift station monitoring and alarm system.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Discuss stabilizing grinder pump stations.
6. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
7. Consideration and possible acceptance of an Engagement Letter submitted by Freund Financial for accounting services calendar year 2014.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Schedule the next meeting.
10. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JULY 1, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Hal Henderson, representing Synergy Systems.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:02 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 6/3/14 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of the June 3rd, 2014 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Consideration and possible acceptance of a quote for an electronic lift station monitoring and alarm system. Hal Henderson, a representative of Synergy Systems, gave a verbal overview of the systems capabilities. After installation, there is an annual fee of $347.00. The system is service wirelessly and all data is secured in perpetuity. Installation would take approximately two days. No action was taken. Additional discussion is planned for the next meeting.
4. Discuss operational issues. Commission reviewed hourly flow data for the month of May. With the exception of Calumet Sanitary District's bypass flows, flows were fairly consistent for the entire month.
The Commission directed the inspection of all manholes this spring. The Commission is awaiting the completion of this inspection.
The Commission is very interested in pursuing more preventative maintenance of the entire system.
Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 submitted a letter informing the District that they needed to replace one air release valve due to failure; and they plan to replace the other two air release valves. It was noted that all three air release valves were from the original construction. An estimated cost of $3,858.00, excluding labor, was provided.
5. Discuss stabilizing grinder pump stations. The grinder pump station servicing the home located at W3011 Johnsburg Road is no longer stabile due to modifications made by the current owner. The owner was notified, via letter, that the District will do the repair and subsequently bill him for the work. The owner contacted Ken Schneider. He informed Ken that he has the expertise to do the work and plans to do the work himself. Ken Schneider will inspect the work.
6. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has requested a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which will illustrate all revisions to the text. It appears numerous changes, unrelated to the installation of the flow meters at the Gladstone and Brookhaven lift stations, have been incorporated. TSD#1 has yet to respond to this request; however, Brenda presented an edited version created by her office. The Commission intends to address the issue of emergency bypassing in the Agreement. No action was taken.
7. Consideration and possible acceptance of an Engagement Letter submitted by Freund Financial for accounting services calendar year 2014. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the Engagement Letter as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 47-52) totaling $1,747.82; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,400.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
9. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, August 5th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. The quarterly Joint Sanitary District Meeting will be held on July 24th, also at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
10. Commissioner's reports and comments. None presented.
11. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:11 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home