Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, July 16 2014
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 6/18/14 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Inspection of all lift stations.
c. Bittersweet settling.
2) Mechanical equipment lift device.
3) Residential inspection plan.
4) Discuss possible amendments to the District's Sewer Use Ordinance.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
1) Discuss communication received from Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 regarding the replacement of air release valves.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JULY 16, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius; Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:04 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the 6/18/14 meeting with a correction of Abler to Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order 54-60), totaling $732.72, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $941.72 from the Inspections Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $2,410.60 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. Commission reviewed flow reports for the month of June, as well as the pump run times for July 14 and 15. Rain events have caused noticeable increases in flow and run time. The Church Road lift station again experienced the greatest percentage of increase in pump run time. The Commission believes the wet well cover may be contributing to the problem.
b. Inspection of all lift stations. The Cty QQ lift station continues to drop a phase.
Hal Henderson, Missions Systems, will again be directed to correct the problem with constant notifications when there are brief service interruptions.
Staff has received a rough quote from Great Lakes for cleaning and inspection of the other five lift stations, noting that the Church Road station has been completed. Great Lakes will be asked to submit a more detailed quote.
Staff will attempt to clean the grinder pump stations.
c. Bittersweet Lane settling. Major sink holes materialized in the area of W3932 Bittersweet Lane, including partially under a private asphalt driveway. The Town had filled all the sink holes. The asphalt driveway repair work will be completed later this year. It was noted that the filled area continues to settle.
2. Mechanical equipment lift device. Mike Sabel will research.
3. Residential inspection plan. The Inspection Team has completed 40 home inspections so far this year. They discovered a sump pump valve to the sanitary sewer and a cracked clean-out.
Follow-up communication is needed in response to the seven outstanding violation reports.
4. Discuss possible amendments to the District's Sewer Use Ordinance. Inspector Andy Karls will be asked for input regarding what constitutes 'approved materials' as stated in the Plumbing Code.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District #1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Taycheedah Sanitary District #3. The draft Agreement was received on January 23, 2014. Staff has verbally requested a redline/strikeout version. Recently a written request was submitted. The requested version has not yet been received.
1. Discuss communication received from Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 regarding the replacement of air release valves. The original three air release valves have been or will be replaced at a cost of $3,858.00 each.
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 4:44 pm. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home