Thursday, September 4 2014
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Plan Commission of the Town of Taycheedah will meet on Thursday, September 4th, 2014, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall for the purpose of making a recommendation to the Town Board on the petition of Lynn & Peggy Birschbach to rezone the following described property from Exclusive Agriculture/Farmland Preservation District (A-1) to General Agriculture (A-2):
Part of the Northwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 35, Town 16 North, Range 18 East, Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, lying south and east of the creek, approximately 4 acres.
The land is located west of W2961 Cody Road.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Town Board will meet on Monday, September 8th, 2014, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of considering the recommendation of the Plan Commission and to act on the above petition.
Town Board members may be in attendance during the Plan Commission hearing.
Dated this 26th day of August, 2014.
Brenda A. Schneider, Town Clerk
LYNN & PEGGY BIRSCHBACH REZONE
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were Chairman John Wagner, Bud Sabel, Joan Simon, Joe Thome, Leon Schneider, Bill Spieker and Secretary Brenda Schneider. Absent-Tim Simon.
The purpose of the public hearing was to make a recommendation to the Town Board regarding the rezoning of the following described land:
• Part of the Northwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 35, Town 16 North, Range 18 East, Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, lying south and east of the creek, approximately 4 acres.
• The land is located west of W2961 Cody Road.
The Chairman Wagner called the public hearing to order at 7:00 pm.
The Birschbachs request a rezone from Exclusive Agriculture/Farmland Preservation (A-1) to General Agriculture (A-2).
• Jason Guelig owns the 2.9 acre adjacent property located at W2961 Cody Road.
• Guelig plans to purchase the approximate 4.3 acres from Birschbach.
• Guelig proposes to build a house on the Birschbach land.
• The Guelig property is currently zoned General Ag (A-2).
• It was noted that if the request is approved, the 4.3 acres must to be combined with the Guelig property to create one lot in order to meet the A-2 minimum lot size of 5 acres.
• The grade of the Birschbach property drops to and is bounded by a creek.
• The lay of the land and the creek create a natural expansion of the Guelig property.
• The new house would not count as a non-farm residence against the Birschbach Base Farm Tract due to the rezone. Discussion occurred regarding an A-2 rezone vs. a conditional use permit for a non-farm residence and the impact to Base Farm Tracts and the Town's Farmland Preservation certification.
It was noted that the request complies with the Comprehensive Plan and the Zoning Code.
Seeing no further comments or questions, motion by Bill Spieker, second by John Wagner, to recommend the Town Board approve the request of Lynn & Peggy Birschbach to rezone land noted above, from Exclusive Agriculture/Farmland Preservation (A-1) to General Agriculture (A-2), under the condition the approximate 4.3 acres be joined to the 2.9 acre Guelig property creating one parcel. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
Motion by Bud Sabel, second by Joan Simon, to adjourn at 7:26 p.m. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
Brenda A. Schneider
Plan Commission Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home