Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, December 2 2014
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 11/11/14 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Consideration and possible action to participate in the OSG group bidding for televising.
5. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Review and possible redemption of the Debt Reserve CD.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
DECEMBER 2, 2014
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:05 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 11/11/14 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the minutes of the 11/11/14 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. Dennis Lefeber gave a verbal report from the most recent OSG Executive Committee Meeting. The City of Fond du Lac has discontinued using alum for phosphorus reduction. They are using a new product at half the cost with significant results. The DNR has approved the new method. It is hoped that major modifications to the treatment plant to reduce phosphorus discharge will not be required.
Dennis also spoke to Ron Cunzenheim regarding manhole rehabilitation. Ron advises addressing a problem when it is noticed, even if only a small section of the manhole needs some work. Ron noted that manhole walls are 5" thick. Dennis recently made contact with a local vendor that does epoxy work. He may request the vendor perform a site visit and provide a quote for the repair. Ron also informed Dennis that epoxy work can be done any time of the year.
The electricity went out at the Johnsburg lift station the evening of Monday, November 24th. It is unknown what caused the outage or if there was any mechanical damage to the station due to the outage. It was noted that the dialers need to be reprogrammed to remove Brian Schmitz's phone number.
Dennis Lefeber also reported that Ron Cunzenheim has prepared CMOM templates that were distributed to all the districts. CMOM work is expected to be a winter project.
Andy Karls has nearly completed inspection of all clean-outs. A preliminary report was reviewed by the Commission. Seven locations have either a missing or broken frost sleeve cap. Andy will be asked to purchase and replace all of the caps as soon as possible. The consensus of the Commission was to bill the applicable property owners for the replacement of the caps. Formal action to this effect will be made once the total costs are determined.
4. Consideration and possible action to participate in the OSG group bidding for televising. Ron Cunzenheim is compiling quantities for group bidding for televising. It was the consensus of the Commission to not participate at this time; however, they noted there may be a need to do so in the future.
5. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. The meeting is expected to occur no sooner than mid-January.
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the bills, (order nos. 99-109) totaling $9,962.04, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $9,500.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account,
• Transfer $7,354.19 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $668.56 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda Schneider informed the Commission that re-imbursement of $325.39 from Calumet Sanitary District for expenses associated with emergency bypass of flows by Calumet that occurred in 2013 and 2014 has been received.
7. Review and possible redemption of the Debt Reserve CD. The Rural Development Debt Reserve CD matures on 12/8/14. The current balance is $13,773.79. Rural Development was the District's lender prior to re-financing with National Exchange Bank & Trust. Rural Development required the segregation of $2,964.00 annually for ten years. In 2009, the Commission invested some of these funds in a 60-month CD at 4.0% interest. The segregated funds are not required by NEBAT. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to redeem the CD and deposit the funds into the Local Revenues Account. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, January 6th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. The next Joint Sanitary District meeting will be held on Thursday, January 22nd, at 5:00 p.m., also at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
9. Commissioner's reports and comments. No reports were presented.
10. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:07 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home