Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, January 6 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Annual review of the District's insurance coverage.
3. Approval of minutes of the 12/2/14 meeting.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Discuss manhole repairs.
6. Discuss billing for replacement of clean-out caps.
7. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Schedule the next meeting.
10. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JANUARY 6, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present during a portion of the meeting: Mike Immel and Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Annual review of the District's insurance coverage. The review was presented by Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Co. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the report, renew the policies and pay the premiums. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Approval of the minutes of the 12/2/14 meeting. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to accept the minutes of the 12/2/14 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
4. Discuss operational issues. The electricity went out at the Johnsburg lift station the evening of Monday, November 24th. It is unknown what caused the outage or if there was any mechanical damage to the station due to the outage. Mike Sabel reported that all three phases went down but only two came back on. He brought in Thome Electric for 30-45 minutes. Staff will follow-up on bills related to the outage for consideration of a possible insurance claim.
Sabel reported possible sensor issues with the floats at the Feyens. Further research will be done once the weather gets warmer.
5. Discuss manhole repairs. Dennis Lefeber is awaiting a return call from a local vendor. He will re-attempt contact in March.
6. Discuss billing for replacement of clean-out caps. Andy Karls has completed inspection of all clean-outs. Andy has addressed all seven locations that had either missing or broken frost sleeve cap. Andy has also been modifying clean-outs that were left by the private contractors above grade by cutting the excess to ground level and re-capping them. The consensus of the Commission was to bill the applicable property owners for the replacement of the caps. The costs of the project are unknown at this time.
7. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. The meeting is expected to occur no sooner than mid-January.
8. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 1-7) totaling $5,402.82, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $5,500.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account,
• Transfer $120.45 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $10.95 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
9. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, February 3rd, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. The next Joint Sanitary District meeting will be held on Thursday, January 22nd, at 5:00 p.m., also at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
10. Commissioner's reports and comments. It was reported that Gilgenbach and Fink are considering tapping the main for service to new homes. Both parties were informed to contact Brenda Schneider for applications.
11. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home