Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Thursday, January 22 2015
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 12/10/14 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Missions monitoring and alarm system.
c. Televising and manhole inspections.
2) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
2) Review and possible response to correspondence received from Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 regarding staff mileage reports.
1) Discuss possible detachment of the Spies property, N8003 Hwy 151.
2) Consideration and possible authorization to purchase a second stand-by grinder pump.
3) Consideration and possible approval of a contribution to the Town for administrative support.
4) Consideration and possible approval of a credit to Tim Boomsma for a change in residential units at N8107 Billene Drive.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JANUARY 22, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. The minutes of the December 10, 2014, meeting were accepted as presented.
Approval of bills. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order #1-10), totaling $11,767.36, exclusive of the Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 O&M bill pending review during the January Joint Sanitary District meeting; and, including $100.00 to Mike Sabel that was shorted from his check issued in December. Motion carried (3-0). Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to authorize the following:
• Transfer $5,900.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• Authorize $1,028.56 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance.
1. On November 3rd, the Endres grinder pump station experienced operational problems. Maintenance and repair staff needed to install the standby pump. The original pump has been repaired but needs to be re-installed. Response and repair costs may be billed to the homeowner.
The grinder pump at Fife's has accumulated 1,100 hours of operation since the last time it needed to be repaired. The house was vacant most, if not all, of the time since the repair.
Mike Sabel has been informed that one or more private contractors have been adjusting the controls inside the grinder pump control panels. Stickers will be attached to the control panels stating unauthorized access is prohibited.
a. Run time/flow reports. The run times at the Church Road lift station have been erratic for the past couple of months. The home inspection team has checked all of the houses with the exception of five of them. One location noted issues with a sticking toilet. The team is also re-checking sump pumps and softeners. They will continue to attempt contact with the remaining five homeowners.
b. Missions monitoring and alarm system. Communications from the system have improved since the installation of the Verizon chips.
c. Televising and manhole re-surfacing. There was no discussion regarding this item.
d. Bittersweet Lane settling. There was not discussion regarding this item.
2. Residential Inspection Plan. See item #1a above.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and the Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District plan to meet no sooner than the middle of January to review the draft documents.
2. Review and possible response to correspondence received from Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 regarding staff mileage reports. The Commission continues to question reported mileage, as well as several other charges. The matter will be discussed with TSD#1 during the Joint Sanitary District Meeting.
1. Discuss possible detachment of the Spies property, N8003 Hwy 151. Spies plans to pursue detachment from the Sanitary District for financial reasons. Mr. Spies will be supplied with the necessary documentation to be filed with the Town Board. The Commission will develop an economic impact statement prior to making a recommendation to the Town Board regarding the request.
2. Consideration and possible authorization to purchase a second stand-by grinder pump. Maintenance staff recognizes a need for a second back-up grinder pump. The pump servicing the Fife home has gone down; and, the one back-up has been temporarily installed at another location while that pump is being repaired. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to purchase a second back-up pump for $3,210 plus freight, pursuant to the quote received from WW Electric Motors. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Consideration and possible approval of a contribution to the Town for administrative support. Some of the Town Officials are again critical of Brenda Schneider over use of Town resources for sanitary district work out of the Town Clerk's Office. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to compensate the Town $50.00 per month for non-labor related administrative support. Motion carried (3-0).
4. Consideration and possible approval of a credit to Tim Boomsma for a change in residential units at N8107 Billene Drive. Mr. Boomsma changed the use of the structure from two-family to single-family, as of 11/1/2014. The Commission took no action regarding the request. The change has been noted in the billing cycle effective 1/1/2015.
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 4:57 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home