Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, February 3 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 1/6/15 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Discuss manhole repairs.
5. Discuss billing for replacement of clean-out caps.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
FEBRUARY 3, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:04 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 1/6/15 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the minutes of the 1/6/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. The electricity went out again at the Johnsburg lift station the evening of Monday, January 19th. More than 600 customers were affected by the outage that last approximately four hours. It was reported that the dialer system called Mike Sabel after the power came back on but not when it went down. It is suspected that the battery back-up is not functioning. Sabel will be asked for a report.
The Commission discussed installing the Missions wireless monitoring system. Formal action may be taken in March.
Ken Schneider commented that Bruce Sheely continues to report issues with odor. Ken noted that he still smells it if there is a north wind. Recently, Ken spoke to Doug Sabel, Sabel Mechanical. Sabel recommends the installation of a trap and vent near the District's flow meter station. Sabel believes the problem originates downstream.
4. Discuss manhole repairs. Dennis Lefeber reported that the local vendor he contacted for epoxy work is not equipped to do manhole work. When the weather improves, Lefeber plans to re-connect with Bill Heffernan, Front Range Environmental. Heffernan provided a quote last fall for re-hab work to manhole #10. His quote was $2,137.50. It was noted that upon completion of his inspection, Mike Sabel, District Maintenance Technician, advised that six manholes should be further inspected for consideration of re-lining work.
5. Discuss billing for replacement of clean-out caps. Andy Karls inspected all clean-outs. Andy has addressed seven locations that had either missing or broken frost sleeve caps. Andy has also been modifying clean-outs that were left by the private contractors above grade by cutting the excess to ground level and re-capping them. Ken reported that Roger Braun recently modified Stemper's clean-outs. Karls plans to take care of Franz Schmitz's and Steve Rockow's in spring.
Karls has submitted his report of time and materials for this work. The consensus of the Commission was to not bill the applicable property owners for the replacement of the caps.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. President Schmitz will attempt to co-ordinate this meeting.
7. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 8-22) totaling $2,984.95, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $3,000.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account,
• Transfer $349.48 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $31.78 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, March 10th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
9. Commissioner's reports and comments. No reports were given.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:05 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home