Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, March 10 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 2/3/15 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Consideration and possible approval to install a new lateral, requested by Winnie Fink.
5. Consideration and possible approval to purchase and install wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting: April 14th.
9. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
MARCH 10, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:03 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 2/3/15 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the minutes of the 2/3/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. Recently there were some mechanical issues with the Feyen grinder pump. Mike Sabel responded.
4. Consideration and possible approval to install a new lateral, requested by Winnie Fink. Mr. Fink submitted the following executed forms: Request for New Lateral Stub; Contract Between Contractor and the District for the Installation of a New Lateral Stub; and, Agreement Between Landowner and the District for the Installation of a New Lateral Stub. Per the Contract Between Contractor and the District, the Contractor, Mark Mand Excavating, plans to "core drill manhole, install neoprene gasket and hydro-cement, install drop pipe inside to base of interior manhole".
Eric Otte, JE Arthur & Associates and Johnsburg's Staff Engineer; and, Ron Cunzenheim, OSG's Staff Engineer, were asked for recommendations. Otte indicated that most of the communities and sanitary districts that he works with do not allow laterals to enter manholes. Otte further indicated that he would personally not allow it. Cunzenheim indicated that the best method, and the only method he would suggest, would be a slide-by-wye connection. Cunzenheim further indicated that cutting through a manhole weakens it and the connection point will eventually leak no matter how well the hydro cement is packed around the pipe.
Commissioner Schneider reported that Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 is in the planning stages of replacing a manhole, at an estimated cost of $40,000. TSD#1 claims a lateral connection into the manhole has caused significant problems over the years.
Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to deny the request to bore the manhole for a lateral stub based upon the advice of Messrs. Otte and Cunzenheim. Motion carried (3-0).
5. Consideration and possible approval to purchase and install wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations. The Commission has seen a demonstration of the system. Taycheedah Sanitary District #3 installed the system more than a year ago. TSD#3 highly recommends the system. The most recent quote for the system is $5,702.80 for both lift stations; including $694.80 for one year of wireless service. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to purchase and install the Mission wireless monitoring and alarm system. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. President Schmitz will attempt to co-ordinate this meeting.
7. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 23-34) totaling $13,975.95, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $13,800.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, April 14th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
9. Commissioner's reports and comments. Commission reviewed the paid special assessment report and the paid delinquent user charge report. Both of these revenues were collected via property tax bills with payments due by 1/31/2015. It was noted that unpaid tax bills mean unpaid assessments and charges. Eventually the tax bills will be paid; the District will receive the funds at that time.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:37 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home