Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3
Wednesday, March 18 2015
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 2/18/15 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Annual insurance review with Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance, Co.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Manhole inspection plan.
c. Grinder pump issues.
d. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential clearwater inspection plan.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
2) Discuss possible detachment of the Spies property, N8003 Hwy. 151.
3) Discuss Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 Operation & Maintenance billings.
1) Consideration and possible action to pursue the installation of the Ledge Road metering station.
2) Consideration and possible action to bill Endres for grinder pump repair.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
MARCH 18, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel. Also present were Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider and Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Co.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:03 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by John Rickert, second by Mike Sabel, to approve the minutes of the February 18, 2015, meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order #20-28), totaling $15,947.41, noting a potential partial re-imbursement from TSD#1 pending review of contested invoicing. Motion carried (3-0). Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to authorize the following:
• Transfer $15,950.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• Payment of $881.16 from the Debt Service Account to Johnsburg Sanitary District to correct funds erroneously wired to the district during property tax settlement. The funds were collected by the Town on behalf of JSD.
Motion carried (3-0).
Presentation. Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Company reviewed the District's insurance coverage.
Sewer System Maintenance.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. The run times at the Cty QQ lift station suffered another electronic glitch. Extremely high run times were reported. Hal Henderson has been informed.
The run times at the Church Road lift station continue to be erratic. Further investigation is warranted. A site inspection of the lift station will be done in the spring and five home need inspection.
b. Manhole inspections. The consensus of the Commission was to direct Mike Sabel to perform the inspections in the same area to be televised this spring.
c. Grinder pump issues. A new stand-by pump has been purchased and received.
The Fife pump has been re-built but has yet to be re-installed. The property has reportedly sold. It is unknown when the pump will be needed by the homeowner. The grinder pump at Fife's accumulated 1,100 hours of operation since the last time it needed to be repaired. The house was vacant most, if not all, of that time. Sabel noted that the wet well is apparently full again. Further investigation is needed to determine the source of the water entering the system. The seller will be contacted regarding access to the house.
d. Other maintenance and operational issues. Sabel informed the Commission of the need to order 'low alarm' floats and 'on' floats. The spare floats were recently installed at the Lindburg grinder pump.
2. Residential Inspection Plan. The Inspection Team will be off-duty for a brief period of time.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and the Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District plan to meet in the spring to review the draft documents.
2. Discuss possible detachment of the Spies property, N8003 Hwy. 151. Spies indicated a desire to pursue detachment from the Sanitary District for financial reasons. Mr. Spies has been supplied with the necessary documentation to be filed with the Town Board. The documents are yet to be executed and returned.
3. Discuss Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 Operation & Maintenance billings. The Commission has formally approved payment of the 3rd quarter 2014 billing, with an expectation of re-imbursement of disputed invoicing, the amount of which is to be negotiated with TSD#1 in the future.
1. Consideration and possible action to pursue the installation of the Ledge Road metering station. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to retain Eric Otte, JE Arthur & Associates, to compile specifications for a Request for Proposals for the build-out of the metering station at CTH UU and Ledge Road. Motion carried (3-0).
2. Consideration and possible action to bill Endres for grinder pump repair. November 3rd, the Endres grinder pump station experienced operational problems due to foreign material entering the system. Maintenance and repair staff had to install the standby pump. The original pump has been repaired. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to bill Endres for re-imbursement of labor and repairs, noting that Endres can submit the claim to their insurance company, if the bill is not paid, the amount will be put on the property's tax bill as a special charge. Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 5:08 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home