Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, May 5 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 4/14/15 and 4/17/15 meetings.
3. Consideration and possible approval to install a new lateral, requested by Lee Gilgenbach.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Status report regarding the installation of a wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
7. Digger's Hotline Annual Meeting and Proxy Ballot.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Schedule the next meeting: June 2nd.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
MAY 5, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present for a portion of the meeting were Lee & Chris Gilgenbach and Mike Sabel, District Maintenance Technician.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 4/14/15 and 4/17/15 meeting. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the minutes of 4/14/15, as presented. Motion carried (3-0). Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the minutes of the 4/17/15 meeting with a correct to the time of adjournment. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Consideration and possible approval to install a new lateral, requested by Lee Gilgenbach. Lee & Chris Gilgenbach submitted the following executed forms:
a. Request for New Lateral Stub;
b. Contract Between Contractor and the District for the Installation of a New Lateral Stub;
c. Agreement Between Landowner and the District for the Installation of a New Lateral Stub;
d. Sanitary Sewer New Lateral Stub Permit application form; and
e. Sanitary Sewer Connection Application and Permit.
Citing concern for the integrity of the road, Gilgenbach indicated their intent to tap a lateral stub into the manhole. President Schmitz referenced the District's Ordinance prohibition of such a connection and the recent denial of a request for a similar connection. Gilgenbach verbally withdrew their proposal to bore the manhole.
Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the verbal request by Gilgenbach to tap the main via a cut-in wye, upon the following conditions:
• Owner to file amended Contract Between Contractor and the District for the Installation of a New Lateral Stub and Sanitary Sewer New Lateral Stub Permit application form;
• Contractor to submit a Licenses & Permits Bond in the amount of $10,000;
• Contractor to submit a current Certificate of Insurance;
• Owner to pay special assessment of $10,116;
• Owner to pay $150 for New Lateral Stub Permit;
• Owner to pay $150 for Lateral Connection Permit;
• Owner to pay contractor costs to tap the main; and
• The District's Inspector is to be notified of the start date and time, and is to be present at the site during the tap.
Motion carried (3-0).
4. Discuss operational issues. The Commission, along with Mike Sabel, performed site inspections of select manholes along Johnsburg Road on Friday, April 17th. They viewed manhole #11 and #12. The Commission consensus was to not re-surface the manholes at this time. However, they plan to re-inspect them in one year.
The Commission again discussed installing a trap west of the meter station for the purpose of stopping gases that may be enter the District from the downstream area. The Commission consensus was not installed a trap at this time.
Mike Sabel reported significant rust issues on the underside of the cover on the Welter grinder pump station. Commission directed Sabel to replace the cover. They also advised priming and painting the underside of the new cover.
Sabel was also directed to paint the air vents along Johnsburg Road and Cty. W.
5. Status report regarding the installation of a wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations. Hal Henderson installed the Mission monitoring system on a 30-day trial period in the Malone lift station on May 1st.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. President Schmitz will attempt to co-ordinate this meeting.
7. Digger's Hotline Annual Meeting and Proxy Ballot. The Commissioners are not able to attend the Annual Meeting. The District will submit a ballot without a specification.
8. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the bills, (order nos. 46-55) totaling $8,314.72, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $8,300.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account.
After extensive discussion regarding the 2014 True-up for treatment cost, motion carried (3-0).
9. Schedule the next meetings. The next Commission meetings will be conducted on Tuesday, June 9th, and July 7th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
10. Commissioner's reports and comments. None presented.
11. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:12 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home