Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, May 12 2015
TIME: 8:30 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Review and discuss flow history and the 2014 true-up of treatment costs.
3. Consideration and possible action to contract for cleaning and televising.
4. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
SPECIAL COMMISSION MEETING
MAY 12, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 8:32 a.m.
2. Review and discuss flow history and the 2014 true-up of treatment costs. The District's 2014 true-up amount, due to the City for 2014, was $5,127.65. This is the highest true-up amount in the history of the District. With the exception of 2006 and 2007, the District has received credits.
Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider compiled a spreadsheet of the District's monthly flow readings from December, 2004 to present, as documented by the City. The spreadsheet illustrates the flows for March 2014 to be slightly more than 1 million gallons, and 2.6 million gallons during April 2014. The District's average monthly flow, over an eight year period prior to 2014, is 400,000 gallons. It was noted that flows include Calumet Sanitary District's emergency by-pass flows of 46,800 gallons in March, and 126,000 gallons in April. (spreadsheet attached.)
On May 5th, 2014, a dislodged manhole cover and frame was discovered in the grass area near the school playground. The manhole is in an area used for stockpiling snow plowed off of the parking lot.
Flows after the discovery of the open manhole returned to normal levels.
Abler Tree Service, the contractor retained by the Parish for snow removal, will be asked to attend the June 9th meeting of the Commission.
Brenda Schneider will research the possibility of filing a claim against the District's insurance policy for the increased costs related to the event.
The Commission thanked Brenda for her time researching and compiling the historic data.
3. Consideration and possible action to contract for cleaning and televising. Green Bay Pipe & TV is working in the area under the OSG contracted rate of $0.86 per foot for televising and cleaning. By consensus of the Commission, it was determined that televising is not warranted at this time.
4. Public comment. None presented.
5. Adjournment. President Franz Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 9:20 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home