Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, June 9 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 5/5/15 and 5/12/15 meetings.
3. Discuss the 2014 flow data and the related cost for treatment.
4. Discussion and possible action regarding the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located a W3601 Johnsburg Road.
5. Discuss operational issues.
6. Discuss home inspection schedule.
7. Status report regarding the installation of a wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations.
8. Consideration and possible action to purchase Missions Wireless Alarm & Monitoring System.
9. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
10. Approval of District bills.
11. Consideration and possible action to make an additional principal payment toward the District's loan.
12. Schedule the next meeting: July 7th.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JUNE 9, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:04 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 5/5/15 and 5/12/15 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of 5/5/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0). Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the minutes of the 5/12/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss the 2014 flow data and the related cost for treatment. The District's 2014 true-up amount, due to the City for 2014, was $5,127.65. Based upon a spreadsheet of the District's monthly flow readings from December, 2004 to present, flows as recorded by the City, notes the flows for March 2014 were slightly more than 1 million gallons, and 2.6 million gallons during April 2014. The District's average monthly flow, over an eight year period prior to 2014, was 400,000 gallons. It was noted that the District's flows include Calumet Sanitary District's emergency by-pass flows of 46,800 gallons in March, 2014; and 126,000 gallons in April, 2014.
On May 5th, 2014, a dislodged manhole cover and frame was discovered in the grass area near the school playground. The manhole is in an area used for stockpiling snow plowed off of the parking lot.
Flows after the discovery and repair of the open manhole returned to normal average levels.
Abler Tree Service, the contractor retained by the Parish for snow removal, and Mike Sabel, District Maintenance Technician, were asked to attend the June meeting of the Commission. Neither Abler nor Sabel were able to attend due to work commitments.
Brenda Schneider contacted the District's insurance carrier to determine if the additional cost of treatment could be claimed against the District's policy. The carrier opined that the loss was not caused by a covered peril; therefore, there is no coverage for such a claim.
President Schmitz will communicate with Abler regarding a more convenient time to meet.
4. Discussion and possible action regarding the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located at W3601 Johnsburg Road. A manhole is located at the corner of the recently placed gravel driveway for Fink's new home, which is currently under construction. Tim Simon told Ken Schneider that the driveway will eventually be moved. Simon noted that the current location makes it easier for the large trucks to get to the building site. The Commission expressed concern regarding heavy equipment driving over the manhole.
Contact was made with Don Lisowe, Calumet Road Supervisor, during the meeting. Lisowe concurred that the current driveway is east of the approved location. Lisowe was also told that the driveway will eventually be moved to the west.
The Commission will send written communication to Mr. Fink informing him that once the driveway is re-located, the Commission will perform a thorough inspection. Any necessary repairs needed due to the heavy equipment driving over it will be charge to Fink.
5. Discuss operational issues. It was reported that Mike Sabel has been dealing with float issues at a few of the grinder pump stations.
6. Discuss home inspection schedule. Andy Karls intends to complete the last annual 20% of the homes. Karls requested direction as to whether or not the Commission want him to proceed after all the homes are inspected once. It was noted that Karls inspected all of the cleanouts in 2014.
The consensus of the Commission was to instruct Karls to continue to inspect 20% of the homes annually, noting that these inspections are reported on the District's annual CMAR submitted to the DNR.
7. Status report regarding the installation of a wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations. Hal Henderson installed the Mission monitoring system on a 30-day trial period in the Malone lift station on May 1st.
The only issue with the system has been a recent alert of a low battery. Hal Henderson was on-site last Thursday to replace the battery.
8. Consideration and possible action to purchase Missions Wireless Alarm & Monitoring System. Hal Henderson, representing Synergy Systems, submitted a quote of $5,702.80, dated 5/9/14, for the installation of a Missions wireless monitoring and alarm system. Mr. Henderson verbally agreed to standby the thirteen month old quote. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to accept the quote of $5,702.80 for the installation of the Missions Wireless Alarm & Monitoring System. Motion carried (3-0).
9. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. President Schmitz attempted several times to co-ordinate this meeting. President Gius, TSD#3, is booked until the end of September. The consensus of the Commission was to proceed with a meeting, as soon as reasonably possible, with the districts that are available to participate.
10. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 56-67) totaling $1,265.92, excluding #66 which is a bill from Schmitz Pump Service to TSD#3, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $1,000.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account,
• Transfer $8,058.20 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $732.60 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
The Commission will pursue a decrease in the District's quarterly estimated charge for treatment due to the significant elevation in flows during 2014 caused by a dislodged manhole.
11. Consideration and possible action to make an additional principal payment toward the District's loan. The District received $10,116 for a new connection (Fink). Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to pay $10,116 as an additional principal payment toward to loan secured with National Exchange Bank & Trust. Motion carried (3-0).
12. Schedule the next meetings. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, July 7th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. The next Joint Sanitary District will be held on July 23rd, at 5:00 p.m., also at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
13. Commissioner's reports and comments. None presented.
14. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:25 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home