Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Tuesday, June 9 2015
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 5/20/15 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues.
c. Televising and cleaning project.
d. Manhole inspection project.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential clearwater inspection plan.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
2) Status of the build-out of the Ledge Road metering station.
3) Audit requirements.
1) Consideration and possible approval of a modification to the lateral connections for Lots 23 & 24 of Lakeview Estates.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JUNE 9, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel. Also present were Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider and Jim Roberts.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by John Rickert, second by Mike Sabel, to approve the minutes of the May 20th, 2015, meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to approve the bills (order #49-59), totaling $5,164.19, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $4,100.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. The run times at a couple of the lift stations continue to be erratic. Commission reviewed flow history beginning July 2004 to April 2015 for the Deadwood Point and CTH WH connections. The highest and the lowest flow months during each year were noted. There is very little consistency regarding highs and lows between the two locations. The data seems to indicate issues with clearwater infiltration.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues. All pumps have been repaired and are on-hand, including the two stand-by pumps. The Fife pump is not expected to be needed for quite some time.
The Commission intends to inspect the check valve at the Church Road lift station to determine if it is sticking.
c. Televising and cleaning project. Green Bay Pipe & TV has completed the cleaning and televising work. The report indicates tree roots in manhole #231; manhole #243 and #245 are buried; and, a four foot section of main is sagging at Schuster Lane east of Billene Drive. The video will be checked for the tree roots and the sagging pipe. Mike Sabel will check on the buried manholes. The report indicated no leaks.
d. Manhole inspection project. Mike Sabel plans to perform the inspections this summer in the same area that was cleaned and televised this spring.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues. None were reported.
2. Residential Inspection Plan. The Inspection Team attempted to re-inspect the remaining homes on Church Road. They also started inspecting the homes in Hawk's Landing. Seventeen are completed to date.
An informational insert is planned for inclusion in the next billing cycle.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and the Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District plan to meet to review the draft documents. No meeting is currently scheduled.
2. Status of the build-out of the Ledge Road metering station. Eric Otte has reviewed the District's documents and performed site inspections. He is in the process of compiling the plans and specifications to be used in the bidding package. The goal is to have the project tested and fully operational by September 30th, the end of the third calendar quarter.
3. Audit requirements. President Gius has initiated communication with Dan Hintze, National Exchange Bank & Trust. He is awaiting a response.
1. Consideration and possible approval of a modification to the lateral connections for Lots 23 & 24 of Lakeview Estates. The lateral stub for Lot 24 is 14-feet underground and dead-ended at the bedrock. A cul de sac was constructed over the end of the lateral. A portion of the asphalt would have to be removed in order to connect to the lateral.
Jim Roberts, the developer/seller of the Lot 24, was in attendance. Roberts proposes to construct a manhole over the lateral intended for Lot 23 (yet to be used) and then install two new lateral connections to the manhole, one for Lot 23 and one for Lot 24. The original laterals for the two lots would be abandoned.
The Commission noted that the sewer main extends to Silica Road thru an easement. This main could be tapped just north of the cul de sac as an alternative to providing a lateral for Lot 24.
Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the tapping of the main for a lateral to service Lot 24, under the following conditions:
• Complete and submit Request for New Lateral Stub form,
• Complete and submit Contract Between Contractor and the District for the Installation of a New Lateral Stub form,
• Complete and submit Agreement Between Landowner and the District for the Installation of a New Lateral Stub form,
• Payment of $150 for New Lateral Stub Permit,
• Owner to pay all contractor costs to the tap the main,
• Selected contractor to have on file with the District a Licenses & Permits Bond in the amount of $10,000,
• Selected contractor to have on file with the District a current Certificate of Insurance, and
• The District's Inspector is to be notified of the start date and time, and is to be present at the site during the tap.
Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to adjourn the meeting at 4:55 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home