Taycheedah Sanitary District #3`
Tuesday, July 14 2015
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 6/9/15 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues.
c. Televising and cleaning project.
d. Manhole inspection project.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential clearwater inspection plan.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
2) Status of the build-out of the Ledge Road metering station.
3) Audit requirements.
1) Annual City/OSG True-up Analysis.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JULY 14, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioner John Rickert. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Excused-Commissioner Mike Sabel.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the June 9th, 2015, meeting as distributed. Motion carried (2-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order #60-66), totaling $3,879.40, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $3,800.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $134.57 from the Operations/Inspections Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (2-0).
Sewer System Maintenance.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. A component in the Missions reporting system at the Schuster Lane station was replaced. Pump run times at this location have become more consistent which indicate no issues with the pumps.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues. All pumps have been repaired and are on-hand, including the two stand-by pumps. The Fife pump is not expected to be needed for quite some time.
The Commission intends to inspect the check valve at the Church Road lift station to determine if it is operating properly.
c. Televising and cleaning project. Green Bay Pipe & TV has completed the cleaning and televising work. The report indicates tree roots in manhole #231; manhole #243 and #245 are buried; and, a four foot section of main is sagging at Schuster Lane east of Billene Drive. The video will be checked for the tree roots and the sagging pipe. Mike Sabel will check on the buried manholes. The report indicated no leaks.
d. Manhole inspection project. Mike Sabel plans to perform the inspections this summer in the same area that was cleaned and televised this spring.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues. None were reported.
2. Residential Inspection Plan. The Inspection Team have been unsuccessful in re-inspecting the remaining four homes on Church Road. There also is a number of prior year violations still outstanding. A letter will be sent to the owners of these particular homes.
The Team has completed approximately 48 inspections this year.
An informational insert was included in the current billing cycle.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and the Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District plan to meet to review the draft documents. President Gius intends to present his review of the document to the TSD#3 Commission by the November meeting. A joint meeting is yet to be scheduled.
2. Status of the build-out of the Ledge Road metering station. Eric Otte has reviewed the District's documents and performed site inspections. He is in the process of compiling the plans and specifications to be used in the bidding package. The goal is to have the project tested and fully operational by September 30th, the end of the third calendar quarter. Otte will be contacted for a status report.
3. Audit requirements. President Gius has initiated communication with Dan Hintze, National Exchange Bank & Trust. Mr. Hintze is in the process to compiling a proposal. The proposal is expected to be reviewed by the Commission during their August meeting.
1. Annual City/OSG True-up Analysis. Review was postponed to the August meeting.
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 4:30 p.m. Motion carried (2-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home