Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, August 11 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 7/7/15 meeting.
3. Discussion and possible action regarding the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located a W3601 Johnsburg Road.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Status report regarding the installation of a wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
7. Review and accept the 2014 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report, as required by the DNR.
8. Wisconsin Rural Water Association Annual Meeting and Proxy Ballot.
9. Approval of District bills.
10. Review the District's Debt Amortization Schedule.
11. Schedule the next meeting: September 1st.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
AUGUST 11, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 7/7/15 meeting. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the minutes of 7/7/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discussion and possible action regarding the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located at W3601 Johnsburg Road. A manhole is located at the corner of the recently placed gravel driveway for Fink's new home, which is currently under construction. Tim Simon told Ken Schneider that the driveway will eventually be moved. Simon noted that the current location makes it easier for the large trucks to get to the building site. The Commission expressed concern regarding heavy equipment driving over the manhole.
Contact was made with Town of Calumet Road Supervisor Don Lisowe. Lisowe verified that the current driveway is east of the approved location. He was also told that the driveway will eventually be moved to the west. Per Calumet's ordinance, property owners are to complete an application and obtain a permit for the installation of driveways. It is believed no application was submitted nor any permit issued.
President Schmitz sent written communication to Mr. Fink, on or about June 29th, informing him that once the driveway is re-located, the Commission will perform a thorough inspection. Any repairs needed due to the heavy equipment driving over it will be charged to Fink.
Ken Schneider reported that on July 4th, Tim Simon uncovered the manhole. It is about 6.5" below the gravel and is located in the east angular approach area of the driveway.
President Schmitz will contact Don Lisowe for more information.
4. Discuss operational issues. Maintenance Technician Mike Sabel has mowed the grass and killed the weeds at the stations. He also painted the air vents.
5. Status report regarding the installation of a wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations. Hal Henderson installed the Mission monitoring system in the Cty Q lift station in July. It is believed both units are now operational.
Commissioners want Sabel to take flow meter readings the first of every month. With the installation of the Missions wireless monitoring system, it is unnecessary to read the lift station meters weekly.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. President Schmitz attempted several times to co-ordinate this meeting. President Gius, TSD#3, is booked until the end of September. The consensus of the Commission was to proceed with a meeting, as soon as reasonably possible, with the districts that are available to participate. President Schmitz and President Wehner, Calumet Sanitary District, have both received copies of each district's draft Agreements.
7. Review and accept the 2014 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report, as required by the DNR. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the District's 2014 CMAR and file it with the DNR. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Wisconsin Rural Water Association Annual Meeting and Proxy Ballot. The Commissioners do not plan to attend the meeting and they chose not to submit the proxy ballot.
9. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 79-90) totaling $10,161.10, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $9,600.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
10. Review the District's Debt Amortization Schedule. The Commission has applied unanticipated revenue toward additional debt payments. One of the District's construction loans, originally on a 20-year amortization schedule, was paid-off in nine years due to levying more property tax than the minimum payment required and the application of unanticipated revenue.
In 2011, the Commission refinanced the District's remaining debt. The original amortization schedule projected the final payment to be in April, 2038, with a total interest expense of $370,141. However, due to additional payments made using unanticipated revenue, the current final payment date is April, 2036, with a total interest expense of $322,708.
11. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, September 1st, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
12. Commissioner's reports and comments. None presented.
13. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:54 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home