Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, September 1 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 8/11/15 meeting.
3. Discussion regarding the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located a W3601 Johnsburg Road.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Status report regarding the installation of a wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting: October 6th.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
SEPTEMBER 1, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 8/11/15 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of 8/11/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discussion and possible action regarding the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located at W3601 Johnsburg Road. A manhole is located at the corner of the recently placed gravel driveway for Fink's new home, which is currently under construction. Tim Simon indicated that the driveway will eventually be moved. Simon noted that the current location makes it easier for the large trucks to get to the building site. The Commission expressed concern regarding heavy equipment driving over the manhole.
Contact was made with Town of Calumet Road Supervisor Don Lisowe. Lisowe verified that the current driveway is east of the location he would have approved. He indicated that he never located the culvert because it was on-site and in place when he arrived at the site. He was also told that the driveway will eventually be moved to the west. Per Calumet's ordinance, property owners are to complete an application and obtain a permit for the installation of driveways. It is believed no application was submitted nor any permit issued.
President Schmitz sent written communication to Mr. Fink, on or about June 29th, informing him that once the driveway is re-located, the Commission will perform a thorough inspection. Any repairs needed due to the heavy equipment driving over it will be charged to Fink.
Ken Schneider reported that on July 4th, Tim Simon uncovered the gravel from over the manhole. It is about 6.5" below the gravel level and is located in the east angular approach area of the driveway.
President Schmitz spoke with Mr. Fink. Fink indicated that the driveway will be moved once construction is complete.
4. Discuss operational issues. The 2014 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report (CMAR) has been submitted to the DNR.
The Commission reviewed the Mission's generated monthly runtime spreadsheets for the month of August. The Malone lift station reported a significant increase in runtime from 8/12 to 8/18. The increase was presumed to be a reporting glitch due to the fact that the Johnsburg lift station did not have an equivalent increase in runtime.
5. Status report regarding the installation of a wireless alarm and monitoring systems in the lift stations. Both units are installed and operational. Commission consensus was to direct Mike Sabel to discontinue weekly readings at the metering station and to read the flow meter monthly, as close to the first of the month as possible.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. President Schmitz attempted several times to co-ordinate this meeting. President Gius, TSD#3, is booked until the end of September.
The consensus of the Commission was to proceed with a meeting, as soon as reasonably possible, with the districts that are available to participate. President Schmitz and President Wehner, Calumet Sanitary District, have both received copies of each district's draft Agreements.
It was reported that Calumet Sanitary District has requested review by their attorney.
7. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 91-96) totaling $375.06. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, October 6th, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. The Annual OSG Meeting will be on September 17th, at 6:00 p.m., at the City Treatment Plant.
9. Adjournment. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to adjourn the meeting at 10:58 a.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home