Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Thursday, September 17 2015
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 8/26/15 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues.
c. Televising and cleaning project.
d. Manhole inspection project.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential clearwater inspection plan.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
2) Discuss the Lender's conditions for the waiver of financial audit requirement.
3) Annual City/OSG True-up Analysis.
4) Discuss disputed operation and maintenance billing.
1) Consideration and possible award of the Ledge Road meter station build-out.
2) Discuss Alliant's plan to cross the Church Road force main with a natural gas line.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
SEPTEMBER 17, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel. Also present were Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider; Eric Otte, JE Arthur & Associates; and, Kathy Diederich, Schenck.
Call to order. President Bill Gius called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to approve the minutes of the August 26th, 2015, meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order #75-85), totaling $2,903.60, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,300.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $269.13 from the Operations/Inspection Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $2,019.06 the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. August pump run time reports for all lift stations were distributed.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues. The control panel at the Braun property was invested with ants. It was suggested that the enclosure be replaced.
c. Televising and cleaning project. Green Bay Pipe & TV's report indicates tree roots in manhole #231. The material around the manhole needs to be excavated and a sealer applied to the exterior of the manhole. Jason Guelig will do this work in the near future.
d. Manhole inspection project. Mike Sabel plans to perform the inspections this year in the same area that was cleaned and televised this spring.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues. The downspouts of the former Fife home may been plumbed into the sewer system. Further investigation is warranted. At this point, the new owners are undecided as to the future use of the property.
2. Residential Inspection Plan. The Inspection Team have been unsuccessful in re-inspecting the remaining five homes on Church Road and there are three prior year violations still outstanding. A draft letter was distributed. The letter may be reviewed by Attorney St. Peter and delivered via Process Server.
The Team has completed approximately 48 inspections this year which is the percentage goal for the year.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and the Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District plan to meet to review the draft documents. President Gius intends to present his review of the document to the TSD#3 Commission by the November meeting. A joint meeting is yet to be scheduled.
2. Discuss Lender's conditions for the waiver of financial audit requirements. Dan Hintze, National Exchange Bank & Trust, has submitted a list of requirements. Requirements include maintaining $450,000 in the Debt Service Account and bonding the Treasurer for $100,000.
Kathy Diederich, Schenck, updated the District's cash flow projections. Diederich finds the District in a sound financial position, and therefore fully capable of meeting NEBAT's conditions. Diederich also recommended sustaining the current $150 quarterly user charge and to consolidate the checking accounts to four.
Diederich also advised transferring $50,000 per year from user charge account to debt service account to cover debt payments.
3. Annual City/OSG True-up Analysis. Discussion regarding this matter was determined to be unnecessary.
4. Discuss disputed operation and maintenance billing. A response to Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 will be sent.
1. Consideration and possible award of the Ledge Road meter station build-out. Eric Otte, JE Arthur & Associates, the District's Engineer, reported that neither proposal received was complete. Numerous meetings with City representatives have occurred. The City requires equipment capable of communicating with their equipment which eliminates Synergy. The modified bid from Helmer exceeds $25,000 which requires formal solicitation of bids. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to solicit bids for the project and to be ready for action during a yet to be scheduled special meeting. Motion carried (3-0).
2. Discuss Alliant's plan to cross the Church Road force main with a natural gas line. The gas main will be run along the west side of Church Road. Commissioner Sabel reported that the record drawings indicate the force main is on the east side; therefore, there will be no conflict.
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by Mike Sabel Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 5:11 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home