Johnsburg Santiary District
Tuesday, October 6 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 9/1/15 meeting.
3. Status of the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located a W3601 Johnsburg Road.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
OCTOBER 6, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:04 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 9/1/15 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of 9/1/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Status of the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located at W3601 Johnsburg Road. A manhole is located at the corner of the recently placed gravel driveway for Fink's new home, which is currently under construction. Tim Simon indicated that the driveway will eventually be moved. Simon noted that the current location makes it easier for the large trucks to get to the building site. The Commission expressed concern regarding heavy equipment driving over the manhole.
Town of Calumet Road Supervisor Don Lisowe was contacted. Lisowe verified that the current driveway is east of the location he would have approved. He indicated that he never located the driveway because the culvert was on-site and in place when he arrived at the site. He was also told that the driveway will eventually be moved to the west. Per Calumet's ordinance, property owners are to complete an application and obtain a permit for the installation of driveways. It is believed no application was submitted nor any permit issued.
President Schmitz sent written communications to Mr. Fink, informing him that once the driveway is re-located, the Commission will perform a thorough inspection. Any repairs needed due to the heavy equipment driving over it will be charged to Fink. Fink will inform the District when the project is complete.
Ken Schneider reported that on October 3rd, ditch work was started for what is believed to be the driveway re-location.
4. Discuss operational issues. Ken Schneider reported receiving a couple of complaints regarding odor. Schneider noted that the odor is not as bad as what it was prior to the bypass of the control discharge station. Schneider notified Mike Sabel 2-3 weeks ago for the purpose of replacing the charcoal in the filter.
The Commission reviewed the Mission's generated monthly runtime spreadsheets for the month of September. The Malone lift station reported an increase in runtime from 9/9 to 9/15. The increase was presumed to be a reporting glitch due to the fact that the Johnsburg lift station did not have an equivalent increase in runtime. Hal Henderson will be notified.
Brenda Schneider received a call from Jeremy Cramer, City Treatment Plant Operations Manager, regarding the District's letter, dated 6/29/15, requesting (1) decreasing the District's 2015 quarterly treatment rate, (2) quarterly distribution of City flow readings, and (3) attempting contact when significant increases in flows are noticed. Cramer noted that the treatment bill will be reduced, he is checking into quarterly distribution of flow data and they have reported significant increases in flows to the Technical Standards Committee. Cramer was under the impression that the TSC was forwarding the information to the applicable districts. Cramer indicated that they will attempt contact if they notice spikes; however, he added that they watch flows over a 24-hour period not over long periods of time so gradual spikes are unlikely to be noticed.
It was noted that a natural gas pipe is being installed over the sewer main on Johnsburg Road from Hwy 151 to the Ledge.
5. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. President Schmitz attempted several times to co-ordinate this meeting. President Gius, TSD#3, is booked until the end of September.
The consensus of the Commission was to review the document at the next meeting. The Commission may determine a concurrence with the document but may not formally approve it until Calumet SD and Taycheedah SD#3 are ready to approve it. The Commission may consider a legal opinion as to compatibility with the OSG Agreement after they have reviewed the document.
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 97-104) totaling $775.85, noting no transfers are necessary. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, November 3rd, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
8. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:55 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home