Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, November 3 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 10/6/15 meeting.
3. Status of the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located a W3601 Johnsburg Road.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Discuss compiling a newsletter.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
NOVEMBER 3, 2015
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioner Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Excused: Commissioner Dennis Lefeber.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:04 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 10/6/15 meeting. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the minutes of 10/6/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (2-0).
3. Status of the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located at W3601 Johnsburg Road. A manhole is located at the corner of the gravel driveway for Fink's new home, which is currently under construction. The contractor indicated that the driveway will eventually be moved. He noted that the current location makes it easier for the large trucks to get to the building site. The Commission expressed concern regarding heavy equipment driving over the manhole.
Town of Calumet Road Supervisor Don Lisowe was contacted. Lisowe verified that the current driveway is east of the location he would have approved. He indicated that he never located the driveway because the culvert was on-site and in place when he arrived. He was also told that the driveway will eventually be moved to the west. Per Calumet's ordinance, property owners are to complete an application and obtain a permit for the installation of driveways. It is believed no application was submitted nor any permit issued.
President Schmitz sent written communications to Mr. Fink, informing him that once the driveway is re-located, the Commission will perform a thorough inspection. Any repairs needed due to the heavy equipment driving over it will be charged to Fink. Fink will inform the District when the project is complete.
Ken Schneider reported that the driveway has been shifted approximately 4-feet to the west. Fink has yet to inform the District that the work is complete so that the inspection can be done. President Schmitz will contact Mr. Lisowe. It was noted that the manhole may need a riser.
4. Discuss operational issues. The Commission reviewed the Mission's generated monthly runtime spreadsheets for the month of October.
It was reported that the odor control medium has been received but it is unknown if Mike Sabel has replaced the medium in the odor control filter at the metering station.
Alliant's contractor has been installing natural gas mains along Meyer Court and Johnsburg Road. The Commission is concerned about damage to laterals. The Commission consensus was to have the area televised. The impacted property owners will be notified.
Taycheedah Sanitary District #3 is also concerned about possible damage to laterals caused by the installation of natural gas along Church Road. Brenda Schneider will address the issue with the TSD#3 Commission during their next meeting.
5. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The Commission postponed action pending a meeting of the presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts. President Schmitz attempted several times to co-ordinate this meeting.
The Commission reviewed comments received from Calumet Sanitary District and Taycheedah Sanitary District #3. No formal action was taken.
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the bills, (order nos. 105-114) totaling $2,004.69, and authorized the following transfers:
• $3,000.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• $7,380.52 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• $670.95 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (2-0).
The Commission noted that there is no intention of levy a property tax for 2015.
7. Discuss compiling a newsletter. The Commission discussed possible topics to include in a newsletter.
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, December 1st, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
9. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:04 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home