Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, January 5 2016
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
Tuesday, January 5th, 2016
10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 12/1/15 meeting.
3. Status of the inspection of the manhole situated along the driveway for the new home located a W3601 Johnsburg Road.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Consideration and possible authorization to communicate to Congressman Glenn Grothman the District's opposition to a proposed mandate regarding wastewater treatment plants.
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Review and possible action regarding invested funds.
9. Schedule the next meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JANUARY 5, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:05 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 12/1/15 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the minutes of 12/1/15 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (2-0).
3. Status of the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located at W3601 Johnsburg Road. A manhole is located at the corner of the gravel driveway for Fink's new home. The contractor has shifted the driveway to the west. It was noted that a riser ring was not needed.
President Schmitz has been in contact with Don Lisowe, Town of Calumet Road Supervisor. Lisowe indicated that he wants to meet with Commissioner Schneider at the site. Mike Sabel will inspect the manhole.
4. Discuss operational issues. The Missions reporting system indicates a significant increase in Pump 2 runtime at the Cty Q lift station. Staff was unable to verify an increase in flows via the OSG website due to the fact that the system is down again. By contact with the City, it was verified that there was only a slight increase in flows over the previous 30 days; however, Schneider noticed an increase in electric usage. Mike Sabel manually ran the pumps with no apparent problems. Hal Henderson, Missions, has been contacted. Staff is awaiting Henderson's review of the system.
During the December meeting, Mike Sabel reported that he has responded to alarms at the Steffes grinder pump on several occasions. The force main discharge from the new home sprays waste material all over the inside of the wet well, on the floats and on top of the pump. The build-up of material on the floats causes the alarm to activate. The Commission authorized Mike Sabel to retain Best Plumbing, at a cost not to exceed $200, for the extension of the discharge pipe. The modification has yet to be done.
5. Consideration and possible authorization to communicate to Congressman Glenn Grothman the District's opposition to a proposed mandate regarding wastewater treatment plants. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Franz Schmitz, to authorize release of the letter. Motion carried (2-0).
6. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The O&M Agreement has been revised by TSD#1. The Commission has received a redline/strikeout version of the Agreement; which illustrates all revisions to the text. The presidents of the three impacted sanitary districts met on December 17th. The plans to meet again with Mike Nett, President of Taycheedah Sanitary District #1.
Commissioner Schneider arrived at 10:35 a.m.
4. Discuss operational issues. Alliant installed natural gas mains along Meyer Court and Johnsburg Road. The Commission is concerned about the potential of damage to laterals. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to participate in the OSG bid solicitation for the televising of all gravity sewer west of Johnsburg Road/Schmacher Road. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 1-7) totaling $7,024.24, and authorized the following transfers:
• $7,100.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• $7,794.67 from Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• $708.61 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
8. Review and possible action regarding invested funds. The District's Debt Service CD and Local Revenues CD mature on January 25th. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to re-invest the funds with National Exchange Bank & Trust, for a term of 36 months at 0.45% interest. Motion carried (3-0).
9. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, February 9th, at 10:00 a.m. The Joint Sanitary Districts quarterly meeting will be held January 21st, at 5:00 p.m. Both meetings will be held at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:17 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home