Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, January 20 2016
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Board
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 12/14/15, 12/16/15, and 1/7/16 meetings.
Approval of bills.
Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Co., annual review of insurance coverage.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues.
c. Televising and cleaning project.
d. Manhole inspection project.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential clearwater inspection plan.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
1) Report on Ledge Road meter station.
Schedule the next meeting.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JANUARY 20, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel. Also present were Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider and Mike Immel.
Call to order. Commissioner Mike Sabel called the meeting to order at 4:05 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the December 14th Special Meeting, the December 16th Monthly Meeting and the January 7th Special Meeting, as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order #1-10), totaling $41,932.34, noting the inclusion of payment for 95% of the bid for the Ledge Road meter station. Motion carried (3-0).
Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to authorize the following:
• Transfer $5,400.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $51.14 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Transfer $33,624.74 from the GO Note M/M Account to the Regular Checking Account (total expenses to date for the Ledge Road meter station).
Motion carried (3-0).
Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Company, review the District's insurance coverage. The Ledge Road meter station will be added to the list of covered infrastructure.
Sewer System Maintenance.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. December's pump run time reports for all lift stations were distributed.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues. The former Fife home has been demolished. The pump will be pulled when the weather is conducive for the work. The service has been properly capped.
A component of the Missions communication system has gone down at the Cty WH lift station. A replacement part is currently in route. Hal Henderson will install the part once received.
c. Televising and cleaning project. The OSG is planning a group bid solicitation for cleaning and televising. The consensus of the Commission was to have two miles of sewer main cleaned and televised. The areas selected for the work are Cty QQ from manhole #91A north to the end, Evergreen Court from Cty QQ around the circle, and Church Road. The information will be provided to Eric Otte, OSG Engineer.
d. Manhole inspection project. Nothing to report at this time.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues. Nothing to report at this time.
2. Residential Inspection Plan. The Inspection Team have been unsuccessful in re-inspecting five homes on Church Road; and, there are three prior year violations still outstanding. A reminder letter was mailed to the three homeowners with outstanding violations. Inspector Rickert has yet to receive a response as directed by the letter. A final attempt letter will be sent, possibly by the attorney. A letter also needs to be sent to the five homeowners on Church Road as soon as possible. President Gius will check into a Sheriff's Department escort.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and the Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District met on December 17th to discuss the Agreement. They have another meeting scheduled for January 21st.
1. Report on Ledge Road meter station. The installation is complete; however, the City has yet to have their consultant finish programming the telemetry. The system reportedly is collecting and storing data. It is unknown when the programming work will be completed.
Motion by Mike Sabel, second by Bill Gius, to extend the contract completion date to February 17th and to not invoke liquidated damages. Motion carried (3-0).
Next meeting date. The next meeting will be held on February 17th, at 4:00, at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 4:38 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home