Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, February 17 2016
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 1/20/16 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Grinder pump and lift station issues.
c. Televising and cleaning project.
d. Manhole inspection project.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential clearwater inspection plan.
a. Church Road.
b. Re-inspection of structures under remediation orders.
c. 2016 planned inspection area.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
1) Status report of Ledge Road meter station.
2) Consideration and possible action regarding the reimbursement of costs related to grinder pump repairs.
Schedule the next meeting.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
FEBRUARY 17, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioner John Rickert. Excused: Commissioner Mike Sabel. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 4:07 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the January 20th, 2016 meeting, as distributed. Motion carried (2-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order #11-20), totaling $29,057.06, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $31,000.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $134.57 from the Operations/Inspections Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $261.20 from the GO Note M/M Account to the Regular Checking Account (expense for the Ledge Road meter station), and
• Transfer $814.00 from the Debt Service Account to the Operations/User Charge Account (DeVries special assessment installment payment refunded).
Motion carried (2-0).
Sewer System Maintenance.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. January's pump run time reports for all lift stations were distributed.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues. The former Fife home has been demolished. The pump will be pulled when the weather is conducive for the work. The service has been properly capped.
c. Televising and cleaning project. The OSG is orchestrating a group bid solicitation for cleaning and televising. The consensus of the Commission was to have two miles of sewer main cleaned and televised. The areas selected for the work are Cty QQ from manhole #91A north to the end, Evergreen Court from Cty QQ around the circle, and Church Road. The total distance was approximately 1.15 miles. The project area was expanded to include all of Silica Road bringing the total distance to 2.52 miles. The information has been provided to Eric Otte, OSG Engineer.
d. Manhole inspection project. Nothing to report at this time.
e. Other maintenance and operational issues. Nothing to report at this time.
2. Residential Inspection Plan.
a. Church Road. Due to elevated flows, particularly during wet weather, Church Road has been televised twice over the past couple of years. All homes were inspected once. Flows continue to be erratic. An attempt was made to re-inspect all of the homes. The Inspection Team has been unable to re-inspect five of the homes. A letter will be sent to the five homeowners. The Sheriff's Dept will be contacted in regard to providing an escort.
b. Re-inspection of structures under remediation orders. There are three structures with prior year remediation orders that have yet to be re-inspected. A reminder letter was sent in October, 2015. None of the three owners responded to the letter. The Sheriff's Dept will also be contacted in regard to providing an escort.
c. 2016 planned inspection area. Only Edgewood Drive and Horizon Court need to be inspected in order to complete the five-year plan. The Inspection Team will determine where to begin the next 5-year cycle.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and the Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District met on December 17th and January 21st to discuss the Agreement. They attempted another meeting on January 28th.
The group requested a cost-share comparison illustrating the difference between the two methods of apportionment. The group is awaiting the report.
1. Status on the Ledge Road meter station. The installation is complete; however, the City is in the final stages of programming the telemetry. The system reportedly is collecting and storing data.
Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to extend the contract completion date to March 16th, to not invoke liquidated damages, and to initiate billing for treatment by the City of Fond du Lac beginning with the second quarter (the first bill to be received on or about July 1st). Motion carried (2-0).
2. Consideration and possible action regarding the reimbursement of costs related to grinder pump repairs. Repairs were needed at one location on at least two separate occasions due to prohibited materials introduced to the system. A bill for $745.26 was sent to the owner in 2011, and another bill for $1,620.08 was sent in 2015. Payment has yet to be received. Staff will research the Commission's authority to add the outstanding invoices to the property's tax bill.
Next meeting date. The next meeting will be held on March 16th, at 4:00, at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 5:05 p.m. Motion carried (2-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home