Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, April 12 2016
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 3/1/16 meeting.
3. Status of the inspection of the manhole situated along the driveway for the new home located a W3601 Johnsburg Road.
4. Discussion and possible action regarding operational issues:
a. Johnsburg lift station and status of the insurance claim for equipment breakdown.
b. Grinder pump stations.
c. Review preventative maintenance schedules.
d. Cleaning and televising project.
e. Other operational issues.
5. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
APRIL 12, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber. Also present: Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider and Maintenance Technician Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:06 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 3/1/16 meeting. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the minutes of the March 1st, 2016 meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Status of the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located at W3601 Johnsburg Road. A manhole was originally located at the corner of the gravel driveway for Fink's new home. The contractor has since shifted the driveway to the west. It was noted that a riser ring is not needed.
Commissioner Ken Schneider, Town of Calumet Road Supervisor Don Lisowe and Calumet Town Board Supervisor Ken Lefeber performed a site visit. The driveway has been shifted approximately 8 feet to the west. Excess gravel will be removed and the area will be landscaped. The ditch between the manhole and the driveway is all culvert.
Mike Sabel and Inspector Andy Karls will inspect the manhole.
The results of these meetings will be communicated to Calumet Town Chairman Bruce Peterson.
4. Discussion and possible action regarding operational issues:
a. Johnsburg Lift Station. Pump run times for both pumps at the Johnsburg lift station were elevated beginning mid-December. Hal Henderson, Missions, did not locate any malfunctions of the reporting system but did determine that pump 2 was drawing a very high level of wattage.
Sabel Mechanical pulled both pumps. Pump 1 was determined to have a broken shaft and hub. The parts are reportedly irreplaceable. Pump 1 is now making a lot of noise but is continues to function. Pump 2 also has an apparent problem due to the fact it is running nearly four times the minutes as Pump 1 but was not pumping.
The Commission authorized the purchase of one Flygt pump. The new pump has been installed. Pump run time have significantly decreased. The two original Hydro-Matic pumps will be evaluated as to the possibility of combining the two into one re-built pump. The Commission received a verbal estimate of under $1,000. The Commission postponed a formal decision pending receipt of a written estimate.
A claim for equipment breakdown has been filed with the insurance company, Rodney Shilts has been assigned as the adjuster.
b. Grinder pump stations. The Feyen station has had periodic issues for several years. Sabel Mechanical was dispatched to inspect the system. While at the site, the system's audio alarm was triggered. Sabel Mechanical was able to determine the system had a malfunctioning low-level alarm relay switch. Sabel temporarily disabled the audio alarm. The switch was replaced; however, the part was faulty. Mike Sabel is awaiting Sabel Mechanical's re-installation of the switch.
The Duwell station has had ongoing issues recently. Mike Sabel installed the starter from the Lefeber station. Also, a re-built pump has been installed.
Sabel reported that it is cheaper to replace pumps with a non-explosion proof pump than to rebuild the old pump.
The discharge pipe in the Steffes station has recently been internally modified.
c. Review preventative maintenance schedules. The Commission postponed review until staff issues are resolved. It was noted that the Malone lift station should be cleaned.
d. Cleaning and televising project. The Outlying Sewer Group solicited bids, on behalf of several members, for televising and cleaning. Green Bay Pipe & TV, LLC, was the lowest bidder at $0.30 per linear foot for cleaning and $0.36 per foot for televising. Motion by Ken Schneider, second Dennis Lefeber, to accept the bid from Green Bay Pipe & TV, LLC. Motion carried (3-0).
e. Other operational issues. Mike Sabel informed the Commission that he has accepted a position with Calumet County and will no longer be able to provide maintenance and repair services to the District. The Commission discussed replacement options. In the meantime, Brian Schmitz has agreed to provide emergency response for the next two months. The Commission thanked Sabel for his service to the District.
Commissioner Lefeber was excused at this time.
5. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District met on December 17th and January 21st to discuss the Agreement. They attempted another meeting on January 28th.
The group requested a cost-share comparison illustrating the difference between the two methods of apportionment. The group is awaiting the report.
The Commission expressed a preference to amend the current Agreement in lieu of a complete re-write.
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the bills, (order nos. 28-38) totaling $6,214.59, and authorized the following transfers:
• $6,300.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• $1,080.19 from the Debt Service Account to the Operations/User Charge Account.
Motion carried (2-0).
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, May 3rd, at 10:00 a.m.
8. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:51 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home