Annual Meeting of the Electors
Monday, April 25 2016
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
FOND DU LAC COUNTY, WISCONSIN
ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Town Meeting of the Electors, for the purpose of such business as is authorized by §60.10, Wis. Stats., will be conducted on
Monday, April 25th, 2016
Taycheedah Town Hall
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway
Fond du Lac
Dated this 4th day of April, 2016.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE ELECTORS
APRIL 25, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Approximately 18 residents/interested parties were in attendance. Attendees included the following Town Officials: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Clarence Kraus, Jim Rosenthal and Tim Simon, Clerk Brenda Schneider, Treasurer Kathy Diederich, Assessor Bill Huck and Constable Bill Gius.
The Town Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Copies of the 2015 Annual Meeting minutes and the 2015 Annual Financial Report were available for all attendees.
Motion by Clarence Kraus, second by Jerry Guelig, to accept the minutes of the 2015 Annual Meeting. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
The 2015 Financial Report was reviewed. The Board responded to several questions pertaining to blacktopping projects, a pothole on Church Road and heavy equipment needs.
Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Holzman, to approve the 2015 Annual Financial Report as presented. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Those assembled were briefed regarding the re-negotiation of the Border Agreement with the City of Fond du Lac. Representatives from the Towns of Fond du Lac, Empire, Byron and Taycheedah have been actively participating.
A summary of the proposed revisions to the Border Agreement, drafted by Attorney John St. Peter, was provided to those in attendance. The map of the proposed City and Town Growth Areas was explained and available for inspection. It was noted that the Town of Taycheedah Growth Area increased significantly. The Growth Area, as delineated, is based primarily upon the Town's Comprehensive Land Use Plan and the boundaries of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, neither of which existed when the original Border Agreement was compiled and adopted.
Comments and questions presented by Electors were as follows:
• The timing of any heavy equipment upgrades. The Town Board has yet to make any decisions.
• The Town's existing short-term and long-term debt. Treasurer Diederich provided an explanation.
• The Town's refuse and recycling contract. The current contract expires at the end of this year. The Town Board expects to solicit bids in the fall.
• The immediate need of finding a replacement for Mike Sabel, Road Maintenance Supervisor. An ad has been drafted but has yet to be loaded into the website or submitted to the newspaper. Issues with the inability to load the application form has delayed the release of the ad.
• The renewal of the Fire Protection Contract with the Town of Calumet and the Calumet Volunteer Fire Department. The Town needs to be assured the Department's situation has been resolved with the Calumet Town Board. All communications and discussion should be in open session amongst the parties involved in order to avoid unexpected changes to the contract. It is preferred that meetings be held at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
• The need for shouldering work to be done to protect the condition of the roads. It was suggested that recycled blacktop be used on the hills. The Town may be able to contract with the County for this work.
Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Costello, to adjourn the 2016 Annual Meeting of the Electors at 7:43 p.m. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Brenda A. Schneider
At the conclusion of the Annual Meeting, the Oath of Office was administered to the following newly elected officials:
John E. Abler-Supervisor James Rosenthal II-Supervisor
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home