Board of Appeals
Monday, May 16 2016
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN of TAYCHEEDAH
FOND DU LAC COUNTY, WISCONSIN
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Town of Taycheedah Zoning Board of Appeals will conduct a public hearing on Monday, May 16th, 2016, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of considering the request of Simon Custom, LLC/Prairie Rock Farms, Inc., for the issuance of Conditional Use Permits for a non-farm residence, as required by the Farmland Preservation Program.
The Conditional Use Permit would apply to the following property:
W2951 Silica Road, a part of the NE 1/4 of the SE 1/4 of Section 14, T16N, R18E, Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin.
The public hearing is open to the public. All interested parties are encouraged to attend.
A quorum of Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
BOARD OF APPEALS
SIMON CUSTOM, LLC/PRAIRIE ROCK FARMS, INC
CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT
MAY 16, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: Vice Chairman John Buechel, Tom Friess, Erv Karls, Jason Meyer and Joe Sabel. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
The Chairman called the hearing to order at 7:15 pm. The Secretary read the notice. Secretary, Brenda Schneider, recorded the hearing and took notes.
The Simons requested a Conditional Use Permit for a non-farm residence, as required by the Farmland Preservation Program and the Town's Zoning Code.
David A Simon, W3056 Cty. Q, was sworn in. His testimony and responses to Board of Appeals members' questions were as follows:
• They purchased the farm at W2951 Silica Road.
• They retained James Mayer to prepare a Certified Survey Map splitting the buildings from the farmland.
• They intend to crop the farmland and sell the home and buildings.
• The dedicated right-of-way does not count toward the 1:20 ration.
• The parcel impacted by the Certified Survey Map is part of Base Farm Tract #205, consisting of 160.00 acres.
o The maximum allowable non-farm residence acreage is 7.62 acres for this Base Farm Tract.
o The Certified Survey Map creates a 5.0 acre parcel.
o Surveyor's note on the Certified Survey Map states The 5.0 acre parcel created by this CSM is the first non-farm residence on Base Farm Tract #205, consisting of 160 acres, as described on the Town of Taycheedah Base Farm Tract Map dated 2/6/14.
• The minimum setback of 100' around structures intended to house livestock is met, with the exception of the west addition to the barn. This area will be used for storage. The addition is marked as a 'shed' on the Certified Survey Map and noted Pursuant to the terms of a separately-recorded deed restriction no livestock may be kept in the shed.
• There are no new buildings planned.
No other testimony presented in support of the Conditional Use Permit.
No testimony presented in opposition to the Conditional Use Permit.
Board of Appeals deliberation:
• It was noted that the proposal meets the standards, as established by DATCP and the Zoning Code. The standards are as follows:
o The ratio of nonfarm residential acreage to farm acreage in the base farm tract will not exceed 1:20.
o The minimum lot size for a non-farm residence in a base farm tract will be 1.5 acres.
o It will not convert prime farmland from agricultural use or convert land previously used as cropland, other than a woodlot, from agricultural use if on the farm there is a reasonable alternative location or size for a non-farm residential parcel or non-farm residence.
o It will not significantly impair or limit the current or future agricultural use of any other protected farmland.
Motion by Erv Karls, second by Jason Meyer, to accept and approve the issuance of a Conditional Use Permit to Simon Custom, LLC, for a non-farm residence consisting of 5.0 acres on Base Farm Tract #205, subject to the following conditions:
• A copy of the Certified Survey Map is to be attached to the Conditional Use Permit;
• Compliance with the Town of Taycheedah Zoning Code;
• Surveyor's note on the Certified Survey Map state The 5.0 acre parcel created by this CSM is the first non-farm residence on Base Farm Tract #205, consisting of 160 acres, as described on the Town of Taycheedah Base Farm Tract Map dated 2/6/14; and
• Surveyor's note on the Certified Survey Map state Pursuant to the terms of a separately-recorded deed restriction no livestock may be kept in the shed.
Roll call vote:
Joe Sabel aye
Tom Friess aye
Erv Karls aye
Jason Meyer aye
John Buechel aye Motion carried unanimously.
Motion by Erv Karls, second by Jason Meyer, to adjourn at 7:28 pm. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home