Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Thursday, May 19 2016
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 4/18/16 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Grinder pump and lift station issues.
c. Status of the televising and cleaning project.
d. Manhole inspection project.
e. Maintenance staffing.
f. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential clearwater inspection plan.
a. Church Road.
b. Re-inspection of structures under remediation orders.
c. 2016 planned inspection area.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
2) Status report on the Ledge Road meter station.
3) Consideration and possible action regarding the reimbursement of costs related to grinder pump repairs.
Schedule the next meeting.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
MAY 19, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 5:04 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to approve the minutes of the April 18th, 2016 meeting, as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to approve the bills (order #42-47), totaling $6,285.88, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $6,500.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. April's pump run time reports for all lift stations were distributed. It was noted that run times have noticeable decreased, especially at Church Road.
b. Grinder pump and lift station pump issues. The new pump for the Church Road lift station has been ordered.
c. Televising and cleaning project. The cleaning and televising work has been awarded and confirmed to Eric Otte, OSG Engineer. The segments that will be done this spring are as follows: Cty. QQ from manhole #91A north to the end; Evergreen Court from Cty QQ around the circle; Church Road from manhole #273 south to the end; and Silica Road from CTH QQ to Hwy. 151. The total distance was approximately 2.52 miles.
d. Manhole inspection project. Mike Sabel will inspect the manholes in the 2016 televising area.
e. Maintenance Staffing. Mike Sabel accepted a position with the Calumet County Highway Dept. and will no longer be available for mechanical emergency response. The Commission reviewed a draft Request for Proposals. The Commission will update the Preventative Maintenance Schedules during the next meeting. The schedules will be attached to the RFP prior to distribution.
f. Other maintenance and operational issues. Nothing to report.
2. Residential Inspection Plan.
a. Church Road. Due to elevated flows, particularly during wet weather, Church Road has been televised twice over the past few years. All homes were inspected once. Flows continued to be erratic. The Inspection Team re-inspected all but five of the homes last year. Another attempt will be made to re-inspect the last five remaining homes during 2016.
b. Re-inspection of structures under remediation orders. There are three structures with prior year remediation orders that have yet to be re-inspected for compliance. A reminder letter was sent in October, 2015. None of the three owners responded to the letter.
c. 2016 planned inspection area. Only Edgewood Drive and Horizon Court need to be inspected in order to complete the five-year plan. The Inspection Team also plans to inspection the CTH WH, CTH QQ, Ann Randall Drive, Evergreen Court, Taynette Circle and Shady Lane areas.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and the Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District met on December 17th and January 21st to discuss the Agreement. They attempted another meeting on January 28th.
The group requested a cost-share comparison illustrating the difference between the two methods of apportionment. The group is awaiting the report.
2. Status report on the Ledge Road meter station. The following matters remain outstanding: a lock in the control panel handle; a lock on the wet well; grade restoration; and an extension of the ladder in the wet well. President Gius reported that Alliant will do the restoration as soon as the area dries out and Birschbach Mfg. will take a look at the ladder extension project tomorrow.
3. Consideration and possible action regarding the reimbursement of costs related to grinder pump repairs. Repairs to a site-specific grinder pump station were needed in the past due to introduction of foreign materials. Bills for $745.26 and $1,620.08 were sent in the past. There has been no response from the owner. Attorney John St. Peter opined that the District needs to have language in its' ordinance in order to pursue reimbursement for these costs. The Commission will consider amending the ordinance in the near future.
Next meeting date. The next meeting will be held on Thursday, June 16th, at 5:00 pm, at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
Public Comment. None.
Adjournment. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to adjourn the meeting at 5:23 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home