Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, June 7 2016
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 4/3/16 meeting.
3. Discuss the connection charge for connections to the Meyer Court extension.
4. Discuss the possible demolition of a house.
5. Status of the inspection of the manhole situated along the driveway for the new home located a W3601 Johnsburg Road.
6. Discussion and possible action regarding operational issues:
a. Johnsburg lift station.
b. Grinder pump stations.
c. Cleaning and televising project.
d. Outstanding home inspection remediation orders.
e. Emergency response and preventative maintenance services.
f. Other operational issues.
7. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Schedule the next meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JUNE 7, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber. Also present: Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider and Jolene Meyer.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 5/3/16 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of the May 3rd, 2016, meeting as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss the connection charge for connections to the Meyer Court extension. During the original construction, the District included the first three home/lots on Meyer Court in existence at that time. In December of 2007, the Meyers began the process of engineering the Meyer Court extension to serve eight more lots. Sewer construction was completed in July of 2010, at a cost to the Meyers of just over $50,000. Once construction was complete, the extension was turned-over to the District.
The new connection assessment is $10,116.00.
Jason & Jolene Meyer are planning to build a new home on the Meyer Court sewer extension. They request a $5,000 reduction in their new connection assessment based in part due to the expenses they incurred for the extension. They plan to start construction late summer, early fall.
The Commissioners did not take formal action on the request. The District's ordinance will be reviewed. Action is expected during the July meeting.
4. Discuss the possible demolition of a home. Commissioner Schneider reported that Mike Lefeber may be considering demolition of the home and the barn. The home was never connected to the grinder pump station built by the District. Due to the lack of connection, Lefeber's quarterly bill is discounted, per the ordinance, to $152.00. No action on the matter will occur until a written request is received.
5. Status of the location of Winnie Fink's driveway for the new home located at W3601 Johnsburg Road. Chairman Schmitz drafted a memo to Winnie Fink and Bruce Peterson, Town of Calumet Chairman, regarding an inspection of the manhole performed by Inspector Karls and Commissioner Ken Schneider. The Commission reviewed the memo and arrived at a consensus to submit the memo as drafted.
6. Discussion and possible action regarding operational issues:
a. Johnsburg Lift Station. The new and original pump are functioning well.
b. Grinder pump stations. The switches in the Duwell and Feldner stations have recently malfunctioned. Maintenance staff will be directed to order spare switches for inventory.
The Feyen station has had periodic issues for several years. Sabel Mechanical was dispatched to inspect the system. While at the site, the system's audio alarm was triggered. Sabel Mechanical was able to determine the system had a malfunctioning low-level alarm relay switch. Sabel temporarily disabled the audio alarm. The switch has been replaced.
c. Cleaning and televising project. The Outlying Sewer Group solicited bids, on behalf of several members, for televising and cleaning. Green Bay Pipe & TV, LLC, was the lowest bidder at $0.30 per linear foot for cleaning and $0.36 per foot for televising. The Commission took previous action to accept the bid and Eric Otte, OSG Engineer, was notified.
Green Bay Pipe & TV has postponed the work to the fall due to non-receipt of executed proposals. Otte is expected to distribute the proposals in the near future.
d. Outstanding home inspection remediation orders. Two outstanding matters need to be resolved. President Schmitz will handle them.
e. Emergency response and preventative maintenance services. The Commission reviewed and finalized the Request for Proposals for emergency response and preventative services. Proposals will be due by noon on July 7th. The Commission will review the proposals and possibly award the contract during their July 12th meeting.
f. Other operational issues. Commission Schneider is researching the possible installation of a trap at the metering station for odor control purposes.
7. Status of the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Johnsburg Sanitary District. The Presidents of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3, Johnsburg Sanitary District and Calumet Sanitary District met on December 17th and January 21st to discuss the Agreement. They attempted another meeting on January 28th.
The group requested a cost-share comparison illustrating the difference between the two methods of apportionment. The group is awaiting the report.
The Commission expressed a preference to amend the current Agreement in lieu of a complete re-write.
8. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 47-57) totaling $1,777.62, and authorized the following transfers:
• $1,700.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• $7,571.01 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• $688.27 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
9. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, July 12th, at 10:00 a.m.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home