Monday, September 12 2016
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. The Town Board will discuss the details of a draft ordinance that would allow chickens in the residential districts.
3. Adjournment of the Workshop Meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Clarence Kraus, Jim Rosenthal and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 6:31 p.m.
2. The Town Board will discuss the details of a draft ordinance that would allow chickens in the residential districts. The group discussed drafting an ordinance that would encompass the following details:
• An annual permit at a cost of $25.00.
• One unannounced inspection per year by the Constable.
• Neighboring property owners must give written consent.
• A diagram of the site must be submitted.
• No slaughtering on the site.
• Henhouse is to be non-portable and a size limitation of four square feet per chicken.
• Abandoned, or no longer needed, coops must be removed within 12 months.
• The ordinance needs to contain strict standards and enforcement measures.
• The number of chickens on each parcel will be limited to the following:
o Less than .5 acres four chickens
o .5 acres to .99 acres six chickens
o 1.0 acre to 1.49 acres ten chickens
The Clerk will compile a draft ordinance for review by the Board.
3. Adjournment of the Workshop Meeting. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Jim Rosenthal, to adjourn the workshop meeting at 6:56 pm.
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home