Monday, November 28 2016
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
The Board will meet to discuss staffing the Road Maintenance Department; review and possibly update the job description; and, review the current wage scale and determine compensation for various duties.
Closed session, pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. Subject: The Road Dept. management position.
The Town Board may reconvene into open session for the purpose of awarding the Road Dept. management position.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
SPECIAL BUSINESS MEETING
NOVEMBER 28, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Town Board Members present: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Clarence Kraus, Jim Rosenthal and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Brenda Schneider, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Randy Rieder.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 6:05 p.m.
2. The Board will meet to discuss staffing the Road Maintenance Department; review and possibly update the job description; and, review the current wage scale and determine compensation for various.
The Board discussed the following:
• Establishing a part-time managerial position for the Road Maintenance Department.
• Continuing to pay temporary employees with CDLs the same hourly rate of pay for truck driving and equipment repair and maintenance.
• Paying the managerial position $22.30 per hour.
o Eligibility to participate in the Town's 457 deferred compensation program will be reviewed per the minimum requirements for participation.
• Paid holidays and paid vacation time will be awarded to full-time personnel only.
The expected 2016-17 snowplowing team will be Randy Rieder, Kyle Kraus, Jeremy Schumacher and Mike Wirtz. Jim Rosenthal has volunteered as a back-up driver.
Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by John Abler, to hire a part-time Road Maintenance Department Manager, at a rate of $22.30 per hour, and compensate temporary employees with CDL the same rate for maintenance and repair as what they are paid for truck driving. Motion carried (5-0).
Motion by Jim Rosenthal, second by Jerry Guelig, to award the Road Maintenance Department Manager position to Randy Rieder. Motion carried (5-0).
3. Adjournment. Motion by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal, to adjourn the meeting at 6:37 p.m. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home