Johnsburg Sanitary District
Wednesday, November 23 2016
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and authorization to order replacement pump for the Johnsburg lift station.
3. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
EMERGENCY SPECIAL BUSINESS MEETING
NOVEMBER 23, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:03 a.m.
2. Consideration and authorization to order replacement pump for the Johnsburg lift station. Pump run times for both pumps at the Johnsburg lift station were roughly double the average number of minutes on November 16th and 17th, per the daily Missions reports emailed to Ken Schneider and Brenda Schneider.
On November 18th, Ken contacted Sabel Mechanical to inspect the system to determine the cause of the elevated runtimes. The initial inspection indicated that the wet well was very clean and the check valves were functioning properly. Upon further inspection, it was determined that Pump 2 (new Flygt) is excellent working condition; however, Pump 1's (rebuilt Hydro-matic) impellor is shredded, a bad lower seal and a bent shaft. Pump 1 must be replaced. The elevated pump runtimes were caused by Pump 1 running but not pumping; therefore, Pump 2 had to run twice as long to remove the wastewater from the wet well.
Pump 1 was re-built in late 2012. Dennis Lefeber attempted to get quotes from other possible vendors but was unsuccessful due to the short timeframe.
Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to accept the quote of $25,765.00 from Sabel Mechanical for the purchase and installation of a Flyght 3171 pump with manicas, noting that the new pump's specs/manual and a written evaluation of the condition of the Hydro-matic pump are to be provided to the District. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Public comment. None presented.
4. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:30 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home